Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

murray

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I didn't rate Murray last season. Thought he was lazy and disinterested with a tendency for stupid bookings for dissent and petulance. After the Bristol Rovers home sending off last season I genuinely thought Poyet had had enough.

Now, I can't speak highly enough of him. His attitude is first rate. Gone are the offsides and the silly bookings. He's a class act now and Gus is most likely reacting to contract talks not going well if that is an issue.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Murray was pure class when he came on last night. Done more in 30 seconds then woods and Barnes done in the whole game. Cannot understand why he is on the bench? Even if he is on his way out at the end of the season, we still need to use his ability NOW.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Murray is stalling on his contract, this is the word I've been hearing. Bennett has signed his, and the negotiations started after the Murray talks apparently. I think this is more of a reaction to that, than anything else. Gus knows how valuable Murray is.

Don't know whether he is stalling on his contract or not,but IMHO that should be irrelevant and the fact remains he should be in the starting line up for the good of the team.
Murray on the bench and Wood starting is a bit like Mullery being determined to play Teddy Maybank ahead of Wardy to justify his signing...........(without the fee!!!),but you get my drift!Really do think that Murray and Barnes who have played together most of the season should start and the new boy,watch the game from the bench and come on if required!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We`re going to have another Nicky Foster situation here soon. Difference being we could lose a player in his prime his time. Maybe Gus will come out and explain his decision on not starting Murray.

Mind you he`ll need to asked the question first I suppose.

We`re going to have another Nicky Foster situation here soon. Difference being we could lose a player in his prime his time. Maybe Gus will come out and explain his decision on not starting Murray.

Mind you he`ll need to asked the question first I suppose.

Maybe Gus has more tactical nous than the average NSC armchair manager?

Anyway ... if you want to ask Gus, why not come along to the Seagulls Over London meeting tomorrow and do just that?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I don't know why he isn't starting, but since Gus arrived i have seen Murray develop from a player who could be inconsistent and frustrating into an excellent consistent all rounder - so which do we prefer inconsistency for 90 minutes a game or consistency when he is on the pitch ? (genuine question)

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
Maybe Gus has more tactical nous than the average NSC armchair manager?

Anyway ... if you want to ask Gus, why not come along to the Seagulls Over London meeting tomorrow and do just that?

Indeed.

Murray's quality is obvious. Wins everything in the air at both ends of the pitch. Causes real problems for defenders. If he's left off until late in the game it's for tactical reasons. If there are personal differences Poyet just wouldn't play him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
One of our best three of four players.

Should be starting every week above Barnes, Wood, Sandaza et al.

I also cannot understand what matches people have been watching if they think he has had a drop in form.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Murray can clearly win matches, however, he is not consistent.

In the first half at Hartlepool he was completely disinterested - much better in the second.

Back to his old ways with a silly booking for back chat last night, but did change the game for us up front.

What can you do with the man - sports psychologist?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Maybe it was part of the tactics to have a matchwinner to come on once saints had punched themselves out?

As for the booking, i think that was for a lunging tackle but the ref allowed play to continue (advantage) and made the booking when the ball next went out.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe it was part of the tactics to have a matchwinner to come on once saints had punched themselves out?

As for the booking, i think that was for a lunging tackle but the ref allowed play to continue (advantage) and made the booking when the ball next went out.

Agreed, people reading too much into this

Dickyboy

Feb 2, 2009
rustington
Pretty simple really Murrays form had dropped recently hence being put on the bench which has worked as came on at Southampton with a point to prove, obviously if he wont sign his contract soon will be on his way as we wont want to lose him on a free and also depends who comes in for him.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Pretty simple really Murrays form had dropped recently hence being put on the bench which has worked as came on at Southampton with a point to prove, obviously if he wont sign his contract soon will be on his way as we wont want to lose him on a free and also depends who comes in for him.

I couldn't disagree more.

The games I have been watching he has been consistently our best forward, his work rate has almost doubled and he is a vital player in defending set pieces.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I couldn't disagree more.

The games I have been watching he has been consistently our best forward, his work rate has almost doubled and he is a vital player in defending set pieces.

Same as this.
I think some people will never see his value :shrug:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I agree murray is brilliant at times but just doesn't score goals enough,can't see him scoring many in the championship if we go up either???

TonyTownersShorts

Jan 26, 2010
Murray is by far our best forward technically and best striker whether playing alongside another forward or as the lone target man. He is great in the air as well compared to Wood and Barnes. Is it in the loan agreement that we have to play Wood come what may, he did not look 100% match fit to me last night?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here