Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray Wallace from Falkirk to join for 300,000

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
From the scottish express

BRIGHTON last night sparked a transfer scramble for Falkirk kid Murray Wallace after successfully tabling a £300,000 bid.
Gus Poyet’s Championship side have thrashed out a fee with Falkirk and pledged to loan the kid defender back to the Bairns for the remainder of the season.

Brighton are now desperate to get the deal signed and sealed because they know that rivals are preparing to jump in and try and hijack the deal at the 11th hour.

Several of Brighton’s Championship rivals are also keen to land Wallace who has been outstanding for the First Division side all season during their run to the League Cup semi-finals.

Now there is the real prospect of an auction developing over the next 48 hours as the 19-year-old’s final destination is sorted out.However, one things is for sure – an imminent deal for Wallace will be the biggest of the Scottish transfer window to date.

And it also represents shrewd business by the Bairns who signed the left-sided defender three years ago after he was released by Rangers.
Several of Brighton’s Championship rivals are also keen to land Murray Wallace who has been outstanding for the First Division side all season during their run to the League Cup semi-finals.

Wallace – who hails from Eaglesham – had hoped to make it big at Rangers but refused to give up on his dream after the light blues wouldn’t commit to a senior contract.

Falkirk’s renowned youth academy won the race to sign him on release from Ibrox and the First Division club are now set to pocket a handsome fee with add-ons to help pay-off a large chunk of their losses.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Lol @ ffs murray..

i like the bit in the falkirk pages where it said 'sensational talent'

edit: CB. eventual replacement for countryman greer? i hope to f***ing buggery that these 18/19 year olds we keep signing turn out to be the absolute gravy and the gus dynasty truly cracks into gear perhaps the season after next when steve claridge declares that we 'won't win anything with kids'... :guitar:

Last edited:

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
£300,000 for someone playing i scottish division 1? He must be very good!

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Lol @ ffs murray..

i like the bit in the falkirk pages where it said 'sensational talent'

edit: CB. eventual replacement for countryman greer? i hope to f***ing buggery that these 18/19 year olds we keep signing turn out to be the absolute gravy and the gus dynasty truly cracks into gear perhaps the season after next when steve claridge declares that we 'won't win anything with kids'... :guitar:

If he's a left sided centre back, that would point more towards replacing Dunk than Greer, GG plays on the right. Does this possibly suggest an agreement for Dunk to go in the summer (at least meaning he stays here for the year)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
sounds like a lad with plenty of promise but if agreeing a fee with us has started an auction let's hold off on congratulating ourselves just yet.

Sounds like he is playing centre back but can also play full back which might be handy right now with this surely being Tanno's last season and Painter perhaps not having the pace we need to challenge next year, or is he (an expensive) one for the future(as in 2 or 3 years hence)? Encouraging if we are now in the position of splashing cash for prospects rather than proven first teamers and happy to agree a loan-back....................

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So you'd say no to Jordan Rhodes then? Similar standard of football...

There is absolutely no chance of us signing Jordan Rhodes for £300,000. If he leaves Huddersfield it will be to a Prem side or one right at the top of the Championship for a fee in the millions.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Telford Seagull

Jul 5, 2011
Telford
So you'd say no to Jordan Rhodes then? Similar standard of football...

disagree to be fair, jordan rhodes has scored goals at internatational under 21 level this year and is a regular in that squad. He has also been included in the Scotland squad. He has also scored goals at that level (although this year more) consistantly for a couple of years. He is also playing in a team that create a lot of chances too. Also i would disagree that its a similar standard. Bar one maybe two teams of that division (scots division 1) they would all struggle at league one level

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
While a very average player can look good in Scottish League One, that doesn't mean all of them are average. There are some gems up there I'm sure, and you just have to trust our scouting network.

A young lad who can come it at LB, and develop into a CB sounds ideal.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
:D :lol::lol:

Attachments

• imagesCAOVOCIU.jpg
    imagesCAOVOCIU.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 1,504

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here