Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray today

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Chap behind me made laugh when we got the penalty, he said "For fucks sake don't let Murray take it, he'll try and dribble it round the 'keeper"

That was the remark I made to Gritt23 when we got the pen.
Block D row N - do you sit in front of me Pasty ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With the game murray was having, I'm sure I wasn't the only one who must have said it mind.

:lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
3 Bobby Zamoras please :lolol:

Thought Murray was okay yesterday, but I was getting a bit frustrated with him not shooting. Chap behind me made laugh when we got the penalty, he said "For fucks sake don't let Murray take it, he'll try and dribble it round the 'keeper"

What seat and block were you in?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Originally Posted by pasty
3 Bobby Zamoras please

Thought Murray was okay yesterday, but I was getting a bit frustrated with him not shooting. Chap behind me made laugh when we got the penalty, he said "For fucks sake don't let Murray take it, he'll try and dribble it round the 'keeper"

What seat and block were you in?

just saw your post in the other thread.

That was me that made the comment

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
what a PATHETIC thread. clearly some people don't realise a striker has to do apart from put the ball in the net.

yes he missed, and he should have scored but his overall play was brilliant yet again. half the moves came from him having neat touches or winning headers further back in the centre of the field. he drifted out wide on countless occasions and then bombed it into the box so he could be there for the potential cross.

I honestly think some people watch the game and assume that if a midfielder dosent get an assist then they have had a bad game, or the goal keeper doesn't save a penalty then they have had a bad game, or a striker doesn't score then they had a bad game.

this is no excuse for saying he should have scored, and hopefully he got all his misses away in one match. but he wouldn't have even been in the position to score if it wasn't for his movement and earlier contributions.

To start a thread slating an Albion player who has scored 4 in his first 6 ever games for a new team, in a new town, in a higher division then he is used to is just idiotic. I genuinely wish some so called fans would just f*** off and leave the rest of us to enjoy our football.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
To start a thread slating an Albion player who has scored 4 in his first 6 ever games for a new team, in a new town, in a higher division then he is used to is just idiotic. I genuinely wish some so called fans would just f*** off and leave the rest of us to enjoy our football.

Thread closed.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
It was my first viewing of Murray and yes it was frustrating to see him miss those chances but rising head and shoulders above that was his quality in winning the ball in the air, his turning of defenders, his holding of the line, his closing down of defenders and his bringing the other players into the game.

In short we have a very good player.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I thought Fraser was poor.

Fraser was excellent. Not been a fan in the past, but there's a definite tendency to jump on him more because he's come through the ranks (and because out wide - where most of us first got to see him - he's not as solid as in the centre). He made some superb tackles to help out the defence - had a better game than Thomson.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Fraser was excellent. Not been a fan in the past, but there's a definite tendency to jump on him more because he's come through the ranks (and because out wide - where most of us first got to see him - he's not as solid as in the centre). He made some superb tackles to help out the defence - had a better game than Thomson.

Yep - Best midfielder by miles

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Fraser and Thompson didn't have the physical dominance or understanding in midfield that we'll need to beat the top teams, and I thought Bowditch was utter shite.

Murray should have scored at least one of the 1-on-1 chances he had, but in his defence the keeper narrowed the angle quickly on both and he did actually create one of the chances himself by hassling their defenders. He showed some quality touches again though.

I think one major problem is a lack of height throughout the team and therefore a lack of threat from set pieces, we didn't really look like scoring from any of them and I wasn't too surprised when we got caught on the break from a corner.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

I have been a fan of Fraser for a while and think he will be quality either next season or the one after, just dont think he had one of his better games for us. Thomson had a worse game though.

I felt sorry for Fraser last year, its not easy to play your first games as a pro out of position. Has looked much better in the centre and will be first choice next season I would guess.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Oh its the tag team I wondered how long before the usual suspects crawled out from their pits, all we need now is Uncle Buck to show up and we'll have the 3 stooges going for the submission.

What do you expect when you start such a ridiculous thread? As has been said already 4 goals in 6 games is an excellent record. Yes it should really have been more, but that is a damn fine start to his Albion career surely you must agree.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Murray is a QUALITY player at this level. I am very impressed with him and 4 goals from 6 starts is very promising. I agree he will get 20 plus next season. I was just frustrated at 2 points dropped Saturday and would like to apologise to Mr Murray and any fans who felt I was over critical of him which I was.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Murray is a QUALITY player at this level. I am very impressed with him and 4 goals from 6 starts is very promising. I agree he will get 20 plus next season. I was just frustrated at 2 points dropped Saturday and would like to apologise to Mr Murray and any fans who felt I was over critical of him which I was.

:thumbsup:

Good work Gareth.

I wasn't there in Saturday but I've just watched the highlights. They showed the 3 times he rounded the keeper. The first one, he was forced wide by the defender and laid it back for Dean Cox who forced a good save from the keeper.

The second one brought a good clearance off the line.

The third one got a bit caught in his feet and by the time it was in a decent position he was too wide - he then laid back a decent ball and the shot was blazed over the bar.

To be fair to Murray, he has got better with each game he has played and sooner or later, will score 3 or 4 in one game.

Double Hard Bastard

Oct 16, 2006
Just watched the highlights, he should have buried the two one on ones. But we didn't lose & I believe we can still make the play offs!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here