Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray today

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I thought Murray played o.k. showed some good touches and was in the right place on several occasions, he just needed to put his foot through the ball rather than try to round the keeper every time.

I think the front two look good, they have to create most of the chances themselves as the service from the midfield is poor.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
jesus, give the **** a chance!

i thought he did ok today, very good at holding the ball up and frequently picking up excellent positions, yes he should have scored today but he had an off day in front of goal. He will score lots for us- he is class- and anyone who can't see that is a wanker

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
pisssed me right off.. why does he always have to round the keeper?! 2nd half 1 on 1 jst put it in the back of the net.. all this fuckin about takin it wide its pointless!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Plus he NEVER goes hiding. He worked his arse off today, and still put himself in the positions to score even though he was having something of a 'mare with his finishing. That shows character as well as ability. He looks a GREAT signing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought he was very unlucky and with a bit more composure he will be great.

Fraser did not touch the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and why Cox was not substituted when the first one was made was beyond belief.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
I hope on Monday Wilkins has Murray practising solely on his left foot, because he is so right footed, its not true :nono:

All his misses were because the ball was on his left hand side and he wasn't prepared to have a go - the worse was when the Orient defender f***ed up in the second half and he was ten yards out with only the goalie to beat and couldn't get a shot off because it was on his left

His confidence was shot at the end and when he tried to back heal to Forster rather than smacking the ball in, he should have been taken off.

Forster was excellent i thought today and i didn't think Cox was too bad either - Bowditch was pants in my opinion

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
At least Murray is there. How many times have we seen games where there has been NO ONE to round the keeper or anything.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I hope on Monday Wilkins has Murray practising solely on his left foot, because he is so right footed, its not true :nono:

All his misses were because the ball was on his left hand side and he wasn't prepared to have a go - the worse was when the Orient defender f***ed up in the second half and he was ten yards out with only the goalie to beat and couldn't get a shot off because it was on his left

His confidence was shot at the end and when he tried to back heal to Forster rather than smacking the ball in, he should have been taken off.

Forster was excellent i thought today and i didn't think Cox was too bad either - Bowditch was pants in my opinion

He scored with his left foot last week.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Fraser did not touch the ball for 20 minutes in the first half and why Cox was not substituted when the first one was made was beyond belief.

not really beyond belief - cox is undoubtedly wilkins favourite, so its not really suprisisng

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
At least Murray is there. How many times have we seen games where there has been NO ONE to round the keeper or anything.

Exactly. I see Murray as somethig of a poor man's Andy Cole. Might miss a few chances, but at least he is consistently getting into the right positions to have those chances.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And if he'd been taken off, then the most relieved people in the ground would have been the Orient centrebacks, who were being run RAGGED by murrays timing and movement all afternoon. How many times did he leave them for dead ?

No the finishing wasn't there today, but taking him off would have been a travesty as he caused them no end of problems all afternoon.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Being self employed the only person who will suffer if I am shit at my job is me, Murray is paid a Kings ransom to put the ball in the back of the net, something he abjectly failed to do today with 3 one on ones.

Is he paid a 'Kings Ransom'? I bet he earns less than you do.

I bet even you have the occasional shit day at the office Gareth. I wasn't there today so can't really comment but from what I heard on the radio, he (again) worked tirelessly and with a couple of better decisions in front of goal could have had a couple of goals. Don't forget, if he played in the Brighton League, I'm sure he'd do better than 38 goals in 238 games or whatever it was you scored.

Give the bloke a chance.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Generally he was pretty good - decent workrate, movement, touch and passing.

Sadly, didn't get any luck with his finishing though.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think Murray is a player of real quality, who looks at ease when on the ball.
He is also a proven goalscorer, which helps!

However I have noticed he is very reluctant to have a dig. He seems to feel the need to try and round up the goalkeeper most of the time.

I feel that if he'd taken a few first time today he would have had a brace.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here