Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to beat Nadal - PLEASE get on LARGE

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Murray will NEVER win a grand slam, the top 3 are so much better than him when the chips are down and there are now kids coming through. Might be a long wait for the next British contender. Apart from today's inevitable thrashing he's not taken a set in any of the finals he has made.

:dunce:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well said.....Murray has got to 4 in the world but there are players below him in the rankings more likely to win Slams...e.g Del Potro and Tomic.

Special players win Grand Slams.
Andy Murray can run around and he can hit a tennis ball - he just isn't that special.

If you gathered a list of top players in the last 50 years of tennis history, and placed Murray in any one of those open eras, he still would fail to beat the best in a Slam event. Not Sampras, MacEnroe or Connors, Courier, Becker, Lendl, Agassi, Nastase, Ashe Laver, Newcombe and (it goes without saying) Borg.
There would also be select other players like Noah, Garulaitis, and Chang who'd likely take their places above Murray.

He's Scottish. And he can't win a Grand Slam. The coincidence is spooky.

He just isn't good enough to compete with the top players.

:dunce:

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Lendl appears to have made quite a difference.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This was a year ago, he wasn't good enough then was he. Now he is.

Ha ha, great denial, he's been good enough, just not had the right wind behind him. As [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] says, most pundits, fellow players etc. knew it was only a matter of time. Now he's got one I can see him relaxing and going onto to win more.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Ha ha, great denial, he's been good enough, just not had the right wind behind him. As [MENTION=12101]Mellotron[/MENTION] says, most pundits, fellow players etc. knew it was only a matter of time. Now he's got one I can see him relaxing and going onto to win more.

Absolutely, it has given me great pleasure to see that the producers of humble pie are set to have their best year ever !

And, from NSC threads, I know exactly who their best customers are going to be !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here