Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray to beat Nadal - PLEASE get on LARGE

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
I can absoluetly assure you that Murray will beat Nadal today. His time has come. I've put 50% of the money I have available to me on it at 7/4! (£350)

If he wasn't to win, it's going to be a summer sitting indoors for me!

COME ON ANDY!!!

Someone need to change their sig.....

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I can absoluetly assure you that Murray will beat Nadal today. His time has come. I've put 50% of the money I have available to me on it at 7/4! (£350)

COME ON ANDY!!!

On your advice I put a tenner on.........NADAL.......your post was a death knell for Murray...he is just not good enough anyway....what has he ever won?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I am not sure Murray would have beaten Novak Djokovic if he had of got past Nadal.Djokovic has been awesome this year and stuffed Nadal every time.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Take your point Jo Jo but he is one of our glorious British failures,gets near the end of a tourny and crashes out,always the bridesmaid never the bride....what's his world ranking now?

4th in the world, a fair bit behind the top 3 but still a decent way in front of the rest. He's made at least the semi final of all three Grand Slams so far this year.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
I've put 50% of the money I have available to me on it at 7/4! (£350)

blank-mug.jpg

COME ON ANDY!!!

NSC's tipster

Promises to win YOU money!

WHAT paltry amount would you have gained from this bet had it come in?
I remind you - the bookie can have a week in a nice beach resort on just YOU!

This is a bit like when I had a 'Careers Advisor' back in school days.
He made me wonder; "why, if this guy professes to advise others on their best options for a life career, is he just here advising teenage kids
who have little clue what we want to do until we get out in the job market?"
Then he sat me down and asked the one question everyone told me he would ask; "do you like and want to work with animals" because he knew of a facility that caged laboratory animals. Now why, if I LIKE animals, would I start out my career compromising my own ethics preparing poor animals for atrocities and to go to the most terrible of certain deaths?

Now here is a 'TIPSTER PROMISING TO WIN ME MONEY' who is basically incapable of feeding and sustaining himself, has just stuck his neck out with half his worldly savings on a chancer who can sometimes really suck arse at tennis and can be temperamental and inclined to buckle under pressure, and against the World's best player who is supreme at the moment and can play almost superhuman shots at the worst of times??

HseagullsH - maybe you once picked a winner and scooped a few quid, always thinking you should have bet more when you won that one time. Take a look at the betting game and the bookies you seek to alleviate; they exist because of mugs who believe their chance will come in as a winner. They give least away on good-chance bets, so that you need to put loads on to win a little, thus when that good-bet loses they gain the most, and if it wins they lose the least. THEY decide the odds and their bet, and THEY back the most likely winners.
YOU WILL NOT BET REGULARLY AND BE THE ULTIMATE WINNER! That's a sure thing, nailed on. I don't CARE how great you are at seeing the occasional win against all likelihood - in the short run you will PROBABLY lose. In the long run you will DEFINITELY lose.
That is how it works - it just is.
Don't gamble, just don't be a gambler.

You should be charged for this information
NMH the bookies real worst enemy.

Last edited:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
17 career titles and $16 million, tennis is about more than 2 weeks at Wimbledon.

Yes...its about the USA, French and Australian Opens as well.....BUTS THATS ALL!!!!!
The only thing that pro's will be judged on is performance in Slams....kids in the future won't read about how well Murray did on the ATP tour...they will open the record books and see Federer 16+ slams, Nadal ( same again probably ) Djokovic 3-4...Borg 11, Sampras 14, Laver loads etc.
Will the name of Andy Murray feature.....NO!.....Its exactly the same in other sports. Colin Montgomerie was top of the Order of Merit for year after year but where is his name on the honours board for Golf's Majors. Nick Faldo didn't keep winning the Order of Merit but won 6 Majors.
A footballer is never truly fulfilled until he wins on the highest stage.
History is littered with Sportsmen and Women who win minor titles and earn a decent living but they are not the Champions we all aspire to. They have ability but they ain't mentally tough enough.
Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to pretend that there is Tennis life outside the Slams. Nothing else matters. You ask Federer and Nadal what matters the most and they will tell you that winning Wimbledon is the biggest thing you can achieve in Tennis. Like Olympic gold and World Cup Football, it is the pinnacle. Murray will never win it because there will always be someone more talented, more hungry and tougher, than him. Like Taylor and Henman, he is a nearly man. Between these 3 Brits they have lost 10 Wimbledon Semi's...now surely, even allowing for the law of averages, there should have been one Final appearance amongst them...but no....there was always someone better or hungrier to beat them.
Henman reached the top 4 like Murray but was never going to win a Slam.
Good luck in following Murray round the ATP tour....I'm sure you'll enjoy him knocking over no-hopers and occasionally beating one of the big boys ( when their true focus is elsewhere )
Me...I'll just settle back and watch the real Champions, when it matters, in the Slams.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Yes...its about the USA, French and Australian Opens as well.....BUTS THATS ALL!!!!!
The only thing that pro's will be judged on is performance in Slams....kids in the future won't read about how well Murray did on the ATP tour...they will open the record books and see Federer 16+ slams, Nadal ( same again probably ) Djokovic 3-4...Borg 11, Sampras 14, Laver loads etc.
Will the name of Andy Murray feature.....NO!.....Its exactly the same in other sports. Colin Montgomerie was top of the Order of Merit for year after year but where is his name on the honours board for Golf's Majors. Nick Faldo didn't keep winning the Order of Merit but won 6 Majors.
A footballer is never truly fulfilled until he wins on the highest stage.
History is littered with Sportsmen and Women who win minor titles and earn a decent living but they are not the Champions we all aspire to. They have ability but they ain't mentally tough enough.
Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to pretend that there is Tennis life outside the Slams. Nothing else matters. You ask Federer and Nadal what matters the most and they will tell you that winning Wimbledon is the biggest thing you can achieve in Tennis. Like Olympic gold and World Cup Football, it is the pinnacle. Murray will never win it because there will always be someone more talented, more hungry and tougher, than him. Like Taylor and Henman, he is a nearly man. Between these 3 Brits they have lost 10 Wimbledon Semi's...now surely, even allowing for the law of averages, there should have been one Final appearance amongst them...but no....there was always someone better or hungrier to beat them.
Henman reached the top 4 like Murray but was never going to win a Slam.
Good luck in following Murray round the ATP tour....I'm sure you'll enjoy him knocking over no-hopers and occasionally beating one of the big boys ( when their true focus is elsewhere )
Me...I'll just settle back and watch the real Champions, when it matters, in the Slams.

Hang on, I'm no Murray fan, but you are berating and running down the 4th best player in the World who has won millions of dollars playing the sport he loves? You make it sound like he's a loser.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Hope you covered your bet when Nadal was a set down, HseagullsH. I rarely let things stay as they are if I have a chance of making a profit in-running, because somewhere along the line bookies WILL make a rick and you have to know when to pounce at the right time.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hang on, I'm no Murray fan, but you are berating and running down the 4th best player in the World who has won millions of dollars playing the sport he loves? You make it sound like he's a loser.

No...just saying he is short of the stuff of champions. He will win titles that don't matter and make lots of money but will struggle to win a Slam. The three players ranked above him are better and tougher. Therefore one of them will always beat him in the later stages of a Slam.
He doesn't even push these guys close and when push comes to shove, he folds mentally. Take yesterday...a set up, two-one up in the second, 30-15 up on Nadal's serve and he missed an easy forehand. Rafa spotted his head had gone and pounced, in the manner of a champion. Minutes before Murray was flying, now, he was all over the place. He lost 7 games on the trot and Nadal was in the ascendancy. He couldn't regroup mentally until it was too late.
Murray can have the greatest ability in the world but if he can't conquer mental demons, he's got no chance.
I have watched him play a lot and he has got masses of talent but against the best he can't sustain it. Mentally, they are too strong for him.
I hope he gets a team around him that will try and work on this but I fear that we will all have to suffer aother 6-7 Wimbledons of him sailing through the early rounds and then suffering the inevitable quarter or semi defeat.
I made the same mistake for years, with Roger Taylor and then, Tim Henman, thinking they could beat the best at Wimbledon...but they always came up short.
Tennis is like Golf and Boxing. Its down to the individual. No-one can bail you out. You just have to be as tough as old boots, knuckle down, never give up and keep going.
Murray didn't attempt to reach a nervous and poor volley from Nadal yesterday. It bounced up invitingly, mid-court, but Murray was spectating from the baseline, having given up on the point.
Champions don't give up on points.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
NSC's tipster

Promises to win YOU money!

timmypost4-786308.gif

Special players win Grand Slams.
Andy Murray can run around and he can hit a tennis ball - he just isn't that special.

If you gathered a list of top players in the last 50 years of tennis history, and placed Murray in any one of those open eras, he still would fail to beat the best in a Slam event. Not Sampras, MacEnroe or Connors, Courier, Becker, Lendl, Agassi, Nastase, Ashe Laver, Newcombe and (it goes without saying) Borg.
There would also be select other players like Noah, Garulaitis, and Chang who'd likely take their places above Murray.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
This is all the British Media's fault, they hype up Murray the entire tournament, saying he's playing his best tennis when he's beating players 10 and below in the rankings. This makes all of us look at the odds (which all look very promising with the media encouragement and make stupid bets which were never ever going to happen). I bet thousands of Brits have lost money to the bookies because of this.

Also there is no 'big four' in tennis, only a 'big three'. Only will it be a 'big four' when Andy starts winning grand slams not ATP tour events.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
anyone watching Liam Broady now??

yes he's only a junior and yes the transitional stage is extremely tough from boys to mens tour but he looks like a bloody decent player. 4-1 up in the first

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Special players win Grand Slams.
Andy Murray can run around and he can hit a tennis ball - he just isn't that special.

If you gathered a list of top players in the last 50 years of tennis history, and placed Murray in any one of those open eras, he still would fail to beat the best in a Slam event. Not Sampras, MacEnroe or Connors, Courier, Becker, Lendl, Agassi, Nastase, Ashe Laver, Newcombe and (it goes without saying) Borg.
There would also be select other players like Noah, Garulaitis, and Chang who'd likely take their places above Murray.

Well said.....Murray has got to 4 in the world but there are players below him in the rankings more likely to win Slams...e.g Del Potro and Tomic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here