Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray struggling with groin again.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Don't get me wrong, I think he's useful and want to get fully behind him, and I really do hope things will work themselves out. However the other week at Orient, when asked by my partner's Dad's mate how things were going he replied (I won't quote because I can't guarantee verbatim), words very much to the effect of I can't wait to get out of this shithole.
And he wasn't referring to Leyton!
One of the Albion staff (don't know who) told him to belt up.

Hope he was just being glib.

Doesn't sound good! Hopefully it's just frustration!

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
2626541-2-groynes.jpg

Looks ok to me

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Don't get me wrong, I think he's useful and want to get fully behind him, and I really do hope things will work themselves out. However the other week at Orient, when asked by my partner's Dad's mate how things were going he replied (I won't quote because I can't guarantee verbatim), words very much to the effect of I can't wait to get out of this shithole.
And he wasn't referring to Leyton!
One of the Albion staff (don't know who) told him to belt up.

Hope he was just being glib.

Perhaps when he has gone all the idots on here who wouldnt know a football if it hit them in the face will be pleased with themselves that they have driven a genuine talent away from the club.

For Gods sake some of you wake up this is the player or at least the kind of player who is going to lead us up the divisions when we get to Falmer.

Give him your support and show he is wanted by us all not drive him away.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Perhaps when he has gone all the idots on here who wouldnt know a football if it hit them in the face will be pleased with themselves that they have driven a genuine talent away from the club.

For Gods sake some of you wake up this is the player or at least the kind of player who is going to lead us up the divisions when we get to Falmer.

Not quite mate

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
Forster maybe but Owusu? Is really in Glen's class? I don't think so.

Don't underestimate Owusu's contribution on Saturday. He didn't score or possess Murray's skills - but he was in Yeovil's faces all the time, won loads in the air, held up the ball well - and I would think Forster, Cox etc would be the first to acknowedge his contribution to the win.

In the current position we're in, I reckon Owuso's exactly the player we need. Dare I say it - maybe even ahead of a fully fit Murray. Get his injury problem sorted out and Murray can play his full part in a promotion push next season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

The rumours of him and Forster not seeing eye to eye have more weight than Murray getting upset about a few peoples comments on here.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Don't underestimate Owusu's contribution on Saturday. He didn't score or possess Murray's skills - but he was in Yeovil's faces all the time, won loads in the air, held up the ball well - and I would think Forster, Cox etc would be the first to acknowedge his contribution to the win.

In the current position we're in, I reckon Owuso's exactly the player we need. Dare I say it - maybe even ahead of a fully fit Murray. Get his injury problem sorted out and Murray can play his full part in a promotion push next season.

I agree. Owusu is completely different to our other options up front, a proper target man that harries opposition defenders and brings others into play. It is good now that we have options and all our front men bring different qualities to our team,

Slade must be delighted with the array of attacking talent at the club at the moment. Yes it is disappointing that Murray is not 100%. sa he is the most talented striker at the club, and hopefully he will get fully fit in time to help with the run in, but it is by no means as big a disaster as it would have been 2 or 3 months ago.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
The rumours of him and Forster not seeing eye to eye have more weight than Murray getting upset about a few peoples comments on here.

You can't help thinking that Murray might have a suspect temperament. Poor Craig Davies get a right bollocking from him for not passing to him for what could have been goal number 6. I feel for the lad - he's obviously low on confidence and that won't have helped.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
You can't help thinking that Murray might have a suspect temperament. Poor Craig Davies get a right bollocking from him for not passing to him for what could have been goal number 6. I feel for the lad - he's obviously low on confidence and that won't have helped.

And there was an argument between Murray and Owusu over who should've taken the penalty.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Murray injured cos he busted a gut to get to the cross from Davies that never came!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

How? He got a huge cheer when he came on on Saturday. What else can we do if he's not on the park?

Seriously, I'd like to know because I rate him very highly (we've have patently missed him this season) and would be happy to tell the man to his face. I also think I am in the majority - I get the impression that a very few vocal supporters make their feelings repeatedly known wherever they can - but the vast majority of us know what a diamond he is.

foul old ron

I'll decide, thank you.
Feb 26, 2009
Round the back, by the bins.
If Murray stays fit for the rest of the season he will score goals and if those goals keep us up he will be elavated to superstar status. Hopefully that will be enough to keep him here.:bowdown:
Yeah, I know. Two ifs.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its better to wait until he is fully fit rather than what happened previously , allowing him to play and develop a new injury.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
Who is this Glen Murray bloke everyone keeps talking about? Is he any good? Has he signed for us? Is he some hot reserve prospect? Where can I see him?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sounds like his season is over.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here