Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray RUMOUR

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It We definetely won't sell him for much less than a decent profit, and there's no reason to think that we can't replace him. .

I somehow doubt it will be anyone near the same quality, our record on signing decent strikers is not great. I reckon we would find it very hard to replace him with what we're likely to use from any profit on him

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Not out the question I guess, him and Forster were moaning at each other all second half yesterday, got to a point where it almost looked like they were not passing to each other on purpose

To be fair you could have said that about any two of them yesterday night. Murray was getting particularly pissed off with Fleetwood yesterday evening for not making runs (weren't we all?). Whether he's going or not, well.....f*** knows... but to try and judge the likelihood by how pissed off they are with each other in a game that is not going their way seems to me - sorry - to be silly.

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
do you think its time to give some of the young guns a chance to prove there selfs now and drop some of the other players that have not been proforming so well.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
do you think its time to give some of the young guns a chance to prove there selfs now and drop some of the other players that have not been proforming so well.

Which young strikers are you referring to? And considering our position do you really think even if they are eventually going to be good enough they will be what we need to climb out of this situation?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
If this is true, then I fear the worst.

It's alright going on about Farren, but McFaul proved that there's a huge gulf in the Irish league and League 1. If Murray does go, then we have to spend the cash on someone who is proven to score goals not just at this level, but Championship level also.

Farren would be a gamble, but so was Kevin Doyle of Reading and look what happened to him!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't think we do have a sell-on clause with Rochdale. I thought we owed an additional £150k if we gain promotion with him on our books. Something we do not have to worry about at the moment!

I would be gutted if Murray is sold. On a par with the feeling of sorrow when Bobby moved on.
I'm pretty sure that Rochdale had the sell on clause included in the deal when Muzza signed for us. If he stays we'll have to cough up £150k next season :lolol:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be honest , I'm up for chopping this side up, It clearly isn't working. If we can make a profit then so be it. He is good at times but is replacable

doug7126

Apr 13, 2008
Aldershot
Which young strikers are you referring to? And considering our position do you really think even if they are eventually going to be good enough they will be what we need to climb out of this situation?

cant do any worse than the rubbish we have been putting out there so far.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Murray is one of our best players so you do everything you can to keep them unless they are unhappy or we get a silly offer. Given the right service, he's a 20+ goals per season striker.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
To be honest , I'm up for chopping this side up, It clearly isn't working. If we can make a profit then so be it. He is good at times but is replacable

And Mickey has had a good look at what we have and probably does not like the look of what he has seen it took him a while the last time to find a settled side

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This would be a shame - Forster and Murray complete eachother very well. Tall versus short, hold up versus runner. Farren strikes me as a striker of the Forster mould - not particularly tall. We would be losing a lot in terms of Murray's height - but then if he wants out, let him go. We dont want him disrupting all that team morale we seem to have!
What sort of comment is that,because a player is unhappy and wants out let him go:shootself

Face the facts the problem isn't always the bloody players its the serious lack of ambition at the club thats the problem.Its a fact that players want to better themselves and also we don't have the funds to do f-all.

So because players wants to better themselves many start slating them:censored:
This club must start holding on to players of murrays quality as we build for falmer,sell murray the money will disappear into no mans land and we will end up back on the scrap heap yet again.:rant:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And Mickey has had a good look at what we have and probably does not like the look of what he has seen it took him a while the last time to find a settled side

It was pretty settled under Wilkins I thought.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here