Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray RUMOUR

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
and I agree with that, against Huddersfield Murray did'nt look too interested to me, that maybe his persona like Berbatov but if he genuinely wants out then I'd ship him off pronto.

ONLY IF WE MAKE A GOOD PROFIT AND HAVE AN EQUAL OR BETTER REPLACEMENT LINED UP

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
Not out the question I guess, him and Forster were moaning at each other all second half yesterday, got to a point where it almost looked like they were not passing to each other on purpose

If he is sold, then to me that says we lack ambition of getting out of this division and it would make me very disappointed and angry with our club.

It is pretty much hard to find a replacement unless we spend big, much more than the £300k we paid for Murray. It also means that whatever he is sold for, we have to give money to Rochdale.

There were scouts from Cardiff, Charlton and Chievo at Withdean against Huddersifeld, maybe one of them.....

2 Ipswich scouts at last nights game. They were collecting comps as we went past the ticket office. They both worse nice matching long Ipswich town coats, they looked very sad (perhaps it was the prospect of having to watch the game!)

Murray has looked a different player to me in the last 3 matches - unhappy and pi&&ed off. He certainly exchanged a word or two with Forster last night!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Wouldnt surprise me. Murray is far from happy both on and off the pitch at the moment.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I don't think we do have a sell-on clause with Rochdale. I thought we owed an additional £150k if we gain promotion with him on our books. Something we do not have to worry about at the moment!

I would be gutted if Murray is sold. On a par with the feeling of sorrow when Bobby moved on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I I would be gutted if Murray is sold. On a par with the feeling of sorrow when Bobby moved on.

A month ago I would have been as well, as I thought we might still come good early enough to mount a challenge. I now accept that we are a shambles and that we are going to have to move players out to compensate for the inevitable decline in bums on seats as we "stick it out".

Maybe the rumoured investment in the team in January is being funded by a small proportion of what we get for him?

Classiest young player we've had for years, oh well

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
The problem is when you sell your best players less people are inclined to come along, and on field you obviously suffer especially if your manager mostly makes bad signings. Losing Murray would be a DISASTER.

FKalinx

Aug 18, 2006
This would be a shame - Forster and Murray complete eachother very well. Tall versus short, hold up versus runner. Farren strikes me as a striker of the Forster mould - not particularly tall. We would be losing a lot in terms of Murray's height - but then if he wants out, let him go. We dont want him disrupting all that team morale we seem to have!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It would be a massive blow if Murray goes, but I think everyone is being a little bit gloomy. We definetely won't sell him for much less than a decent profit, and there's no reason to think that we can't replace him. I know it's heresy to suggest that Murray is anything other than the best player in the Football League, but he has been inconsistent for us, looking fantastic for times and disinterested at others. I don't see that it's impossible to find another striker who can knock in 15 goals a season. Maybe I'm just being deluded.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here