Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray RUMOUR

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
My cousin gave me a ring last night when i was on my way to stockport to tell me a lovely thing he heard from one of the youth players (his mate) that murray is a done deal to be going.

by what he was saying he said we are going to be making a profit out of the sale.

thought i would throw it out there to see how much abuse i get at this time as everyone can only see negatives to the club so thought i would add some more!

i hope this rumour isn't true but i can honestly see him going in january do you think he will leave?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Not out the question I guess, him and Forster were moaning at each other all second half yesterday, got to a point where it almost looked like they were not passing to each other on purpose

If he is sold, then to me that says we lack ambition of getting out of this division and it would make me very disappointed and angry with our club.

It is pretty much hard to find a replacement unless we spend big, much more than the £300k we paid for Murray. It also means that whatever he is sold for, we have to give money to Rochdale.

There were scouts from Cardiff, Charlton and Chievo at Withdean against Huddersifeld, maybe one of them.....

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Plausible, that's why this Farren is being linked with us, straight forward replacement.

doncasterseagull

Kasabian!!!
May 23, 2008
Doncaster
Not out the question I guess, him and Forster were moaning at each other all second half yesterday, got to a point where it almost looked like they were not passing to each other on purpose

If he is sold, then to me that says we lack ambition of getting out of this division and it would make me very disappointed and angry with our club.

It is pretty much hard to find a replacement unless we spend big, much more than the £300k we paid for Murray. It also means that whatever he is sold for, we have to give money to Rochdale.

There were scouts from Cardiff, Charlton and Chievo at Withdean against Huddersifeld, maybe one of them.....

also my mate notice at the end of the game murray stood back after the players clapped the fans and then waved.

however he could have had family there as he's from up north (i think originally carlise) and its a bit early to be waving goodbye isnt it?

and yeh last night all they did was argue to each other especially second half after forster hit a shot when murray went for the 1,2.

Oct 25, 2003

CHIEVO:ohmy::ohmy:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
If this is true, then I fear the worst.

It's alright going on about Farren, but McFaul proved that there's a huge gulf in the Irish league and League 1. If Murray does go, then we have to spend the cash on someone who is proven to score goals not just at this level, but Championship level also.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
also my mate notice at the end of the game murray stood back after the players clapped the fans and then waved.

can i add, he took a defined step back from the players leaving the pitch, turned to fans, brief clap, then a wave - a good bye wave - don't know if his WAG was in the crowd but it didn't look like he was waving at anyone specifically.

mountain out of a molehill? probably. He was the only good player last night i thought, showed a bit of class at points.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Take your pick. We got a whole bagful.

polarcrocqt5.jpg

Each one guaranteed to leave a nasty aftertaste in your mouth.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I actually don't give a shit anymore, the wheels seem to be coming off in all directions so why do we need a decent young striker when we can have the money. We don't actually need Murray that badly if all we are gonna do is try and stay up, Forster and a journeyman should be able to do that if Adams can get the defence to stop conceding soft goals.

I thought Murray was the start of a big push, it seems it's not gonna happen so let's have the dosh to reduce the running costs. I doubt we'll spend a fraction of whatever we get on a replacement.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Not at all, what if the player is unsettled? DK has gone on record saying that if players are not happy whilst at the club he will not stand in the way if they want to move on, ie Lynch

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I actually don't give a shit anymore, the wheels seem to be coming off in all directions so why do we need a decent young striker when we can have the money. We don't actually need Murray that badly if all we are gonna do is try and stay up, Forster and a journeyman should be able to do that if Adams can get the defence to stop conceding soft goals.

I thought Murray was the start of a big push, it seems it's not gonna happen so let's have the dosh to reduce the running costs. I doubt we'll spend a fraction of whatever we get on a replacement.

Spot on. And it's not fair to expect Murray to play for a clueless simpleton of a manager either.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Not at all, what if the player is unsettled? DK has gone on record saying that if players are not happy whilst at the club he will not stand in the way if they want to move on, ie Lynch

and I agree with that, against Huddersfield Murray did'nt look too interested to me, that maybe his persona like Berbatov but if he genuinely wants out then I'd ship him off pronto.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
The question should be what is making them unhappy? lack of ambition within the club, low morale, lack of direction, disruptive players, lack of structure, too many chiefs or good old plain greed

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Bollox... we are in a relegation gight, so sell your top scorer... great plan! :dunce:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Great... and we are left with sh1t like El-Bad, Loft, etc.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
If we sell Murray we may as well just give up now

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Spot on. And it's not fair to expect Murray to play for a clueless simpleton of a manager either.

Memory issue alert!

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
I rate Murray, but it's stange how he was scoring and playing even better without Forster in the side.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here