Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray beats Federer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That's odd, he speaks highly of YOU Alan.

Face it, Andy Murray adds some interest to the otherwise faggy middle-class nothingness of 'British' tennis for the next ten years, whether you cheer him or jeer him. While Tiger Tim and his puny fist take their rightful place on Question Of Sport alongside jolly old Sue Barker, whose greatest achievement was coming as close as anybody to shagging The Blessed Virgin 'Sir' Cliff Richard. Amen :angel:

He's welcome to the faggy middle-classes.

Tennis...shit it.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
To be fair if i won wimbledon would i hold up a union jack....

Would i bollox, St George would be the only flag getting an outing.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Hooray. So that puts him into round 2 of some tin pot tourney in Dubai.

Come back when the stupid fluffy haired SCOTCH goon can get into the semis of a major - like the proper British tennis players managed.

Hardly a tin-pot job this one. It may not be a slam, but it has the top 20 playerrs in the world, and he beat the best of them. Still be out next round probably though.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
_41371890_murray_mum_pa.jpg

wanker

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Hardly a tin-pot job this one. It may not be a slam, but it has the top 20 playerrs in the world, and he beat the best of them. Still be out next round probably though.
Very true and I was thinking exactly the same thing after I'd posted that, but the fact remains that the best tennis players are also CONSISTENT, and Murray has done f*** all in the grand slams so far.

I guess I'm just bored of THPP telling us how great his fellow JOCK is everytime he beats somebody we've heard of, when the fact is that he comes in just above Jeremy Bates in the all time British tennis players at the moment. Yes, even the "useless" Bates was ranked inside the worlds top 50 and won a doubles title at Wimbledon.

I really hope Murray progresses because he is British. He just feels more Scottish than British, as he has said on countless occasions. Nothing wrong with that IMO although it does seem to put some people's backs up on here for some reason.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Very true and I was thinking exactly the same thing after I'd posted that, but the fact remains that the best tennis players are also CONSISTENT, and Murray has done f*** all in the grand slams so far.

I guess I'm just bored of THPP telling us how great his fellow JOCK is everytime he beats somebody we've heard of, when the fact is that he comes in just above Jeremy Bates in the all time British tennis players at the moment. Yes, even the "useless" Bates was ranked inside the worlds top 50 and won a doubles title at Wimbledon.

I really hope Murray progresses because he is British. He just feels more Scottish than British, as he has said on countless occasions. Nothing wrong with that IMO although it does seem to put some people's backs up on here for some reason.

Fair points, but I really think he is going to be genuinely good. Real chance of a slam in the next two years (albeit, not Wimblebum). I would put money on him being consistently in the top 5 by year end (probably would have been last year without the wrist injury, which still isn't 100%)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Great result for Murray. Still a long way behind his own brother, though, who has a WIMBLEDON TITLE to his name.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Agree with that.

I think this year will be a big one for Andy, Needs to be more consistent.
In the past he has beaten a top ten player with ease only to go out to a nobody.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
f***ing rubbish sport played by f***ing rubbish people watched by f***ing rubbish lunkheads. Andy 'Brillo' Murray and his gay pumping fist and teenage tantrums - what a f***ing rubbish spacktards of a nob-end. With his swishing and swiping of his f***ing rubbish bat and his grunting and screaming while being sweating advert for some child-abusing third world-bashing sports T-shirts company and some chinless tosser saying '15 love' and 'new balls' every 30 seconds, and some large-breasted, air-headed Benetton-wearing Harpie, screaming 'Come on Murray' like she's not a f***ing rubbish bitch-f*** of a dumptruck slag watching a f***ing rubbish sport.

Pride of MY f***ing ARSE. :clap:

However its still miles better than Cricket

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Agree with that.

I think this year will be a big one for Andy, Needs to be more consistent.
In the past he has beaten a top ten player with ease only to go out to a nobody.

If things go to plan, if he beats Verdasco in the next round, which he should do, he'll be playing Davydenko in the third and Ferrer in the Semis. The finalist from the bottom half of the drawer I would think would be from Nadal, Djokovic or Gasquet.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'm going to watch the final on Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here