Murray beats Federer

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No.

Im hung like a Donkey is a lie

Tennis being better than Cricket is a fact

Tennis - at a professional level - is played by self-centred, self-righteous, arrogant, pig-headed weasels. At an amateur level, I find tennis clubs members (there is a tennis club that plays behind my house) snotty, rude, belligerent, pathetically over-competitive and condescending. By it's very nature it is a self-centred game - 1v1 (or 2v2 if you feel like being really generous) of hitting a ball backwards and forwards.

Cricket, a by-word for fair play, is a team game - played by gentlemen - combining individual skill, hard-working team ethic, a basic knowledge of aero-dynamics, positioning, reflex and guile. It is played in the most serene and pastoral of settings, and involves comradeship, fairness and respect, especially to the umpires.

So, no - tennis is not better than cricket. :p

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
At an amateur level, I find tennis clubs members (there is a tennis club that plays behind my house) snotty, rude, belligerent, pathetically over-competitive and condescending. By it's very nature it is a self-centred game - 1v1 (or 2v2 if you feel like being really generous) of hitting a ball backwards and forwards.

Well I find the minority of people who live near to my tennis club to be snotty, rude, belligerent, pathetically over-sensitive when vetoing a planning application to keep the bar open until one pm four times a year.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Tennis - at a professional level - is played by self-centred, self-righteous, arrogant, pig-headed weasels. At an amateur level, I find tennis clubs members (there is a tennis club that plays behind my house) snotty, rude, belligerent, pathetically over-competitive and condescending. By it's very nature it is a self-centred game - 1v1 (or 2v2 if you feel like being really generous) of hitting a ball backwards and forwards.

Cricket, a by-word for fair play, is a team game - played by gentlemen - combining individual skill, hard-working team ethic, a basic knowledge of aero-dynamics, positioning, reflex and guile. It is played in the most serene and pastoral of settings, and involves comradeship, fairness and respect, especially to the umpires.

So, no - tennis is not better than cricket. :p

more [
B]good looking [/B]women in tennis though..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hooray. So that puts him into round 2 of some tin pot tourney in Dubai.

Come back when the stupid fluffy haired SCOTCH goon can get into the semis of a major - like the proper British tennis players managed.

*cough*

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I like Andy, I like Roger. TENNIS will be the winner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here