Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murder in Sainsburys over queue jumping

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I read in yesterdays newspaper about this 57 year old man who was accused of queue jumping by this women in Sainsbury's in South London.

Apparantly she rang up her boyfriend who ran to the store and hit this "queue jumper" resulting in him hitting the floor with his head.

Yesterday he was in a coma, today I see the poor chap died.

What is this country coming to.

Both are being charged with murder, I just hope they don't get away with manslaughter, scum of the earth.

BBC NEWS | England | London | Woman accused of shopper murder

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
It all sounds suspect to me.

The original queue jumper was a teenager, surely even some thick as shit moron can't mistake a 57 y.o for a teenager..

The guy probably tried to step in and took a punch for his trouble. The moral of the story? Never try to help anyone. Ever. Look after number 1 and keep yourself to yourself.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
The guy probably tried to step in and took a punch for his trouble. The moral of the story? Never try to help anyone. Ever. Look after number 1 and keep yourself to yourself.

Actually it was because the silly bitch pointed at the victim not the culprit.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Both are being charged with murder, I just hope they don't get away with manslaughter, scum of the earth.

BBC NEWS | England | London | Woman accused of shopper murder

I fear this will be reduced to manslaughter before trial :nono:

Mainly for the reasons that his defence team will probably say that killing the victim was an unintended consequence of the aggressors actions.

I hope the murder charge will be followed through of course for this unhuman entity :angry:

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Mainly for the reasons that his defence team will probably say that killing the victim was an unintended consequence of the aggressors actions.

I hope the murder charge will be followed through of course for this unhuman entity :angry:

For murder, don't the prosecution have to prove intent to kill? 'Cos, if so, they'd have difficulty, surely? I doubt the bint called her fella to come over and kill the queue jumper. Always confuses me, this murder / manslaughter conundrum.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And even with this kerfuffle they didn't even open another till! I blame Jamie Oliver.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
For murder, don't the prosecution have to prove intent to kill? '

Not quite. According to Archbold, (the criminal law 'bible') "For the principal defendant, (see later for joint enterprise) the intent for murder is the intention to kill or cause grievous bodily harm (GBH), nothing less."

So if you mean to hit someone, that's enough to have you convicted.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia

I don't see how it can be murrrrderrrrr. How do you prove he intended to kill someone?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I don't see how it can be murrrrderrrrr. How do you prove he intended to kill someone?

I understood that he was not in the shop and was rung by his girlfriend so therefore came to the store with the intension of GBH so therefore, hopefully, will get a murder charge, although I'd bet the jury reduce it to manslaughter

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I can't see it being possible in this case. Although the poster above says the intention to cause GBH can lead to a murder conviction. Let's hope so.

Yeah I didn't know that. Personally although this case is terrible, I don't see it as murder.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeah I didn't know that. Personally although this case is terrible, I don't see it as murder.

I do, she didn't call her boyfriend up for any reason other than knowing that he'd give the bloke good pasting.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I do, she didn't call her boyfriend up for any reason other than knowing that he'd give the bloke good pasting.

But for me that isn't murder .I don't know what the legal definition is , but my definition invloves a premeditated plan to kill someone. And please before anyone jumps down my throat, I don't in anyway condone this terrible act.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
But for me that isn't murder .I don't know what the legal definition is , but my definition invloves a premeditated plan to kill someone.

The legal definition is that if you intend to give someone a good pasting and end up killing them then it's murder.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here