Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murder in Sainsburys over queue jumping

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
To repeat, a common law murder is defined as the unlawful killing of a human person with malice aforethought if the defendant acts with any of the following states of mind:

(i) Intent to kill; (ii) Intent to inflict serious bodily harm; (iii) Reckless indifference to an unjustifiably high risk to human life (abandoned and malignant heart); or (iv) Intent to commit a felony (felony-murder doctrine).

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I suppose the fact that he didnt actually land the blow which kill him it was the victims head hitting the floor which was the cause of death may cloud things

lost in london

Dec 10, 2003
London
I suppose the fact that he didnt actually land the blow which kill him it was the victims head hitting the floor which was the cause of death may cloud things

On that logic if you shoot someone only intending to wound them but 'mistakenly' hit their heart you wouldn't be guilty of murder.

This guy will presumably try to argue voluntary manslaughyter on the ground of provocation but can't see that getting anywhere. The crown is going to have to prove that he had intent to cause grievous bodily harm though, will be interesting to see if they have any problems doing that.

All my opinions are pinched from here The CPS : Homicide - Murder

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
There have been several cases where the intention was not to kill but death was the result of their actions and the murderers have been convicted of murder.

One, where i even knew the victim, was hit only once but with such power that it seperated his neck from his spine and was dead before he hit the floor.

Another recently in McD's in Norwich where they beat him so much he died from the injuries.

Then of course there was the recent goth murder where they stamped on the girls head.
etc etc

In all cases I am sure their initial intention was not to kill but this was the result of their actions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here