Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mum passed away.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Sorry to hear of your sad news Nibble. It is heart breaking when the day comes but you just have to try and think of all the good memories.
Stay strong .

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to hear your bad news Nibble. When my Dad and step-mum died within a few years of each other we found going through their possessions and clearing out the house was THE worst thing. We'd kinda just left it all when Dad died (as his wife didn't want his stuff touched), but when she went as well it was a bloody emotional nightmare. I've now got a whole houseful of stuff which is basically rubbish but that I couldn't (and still can't) bring myself to chuck away.

All the best.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was good that you were able to get medical treatment for her when you were so concerned and I'm sure that helped her when she passed on peacefully. It usually hits you after the funeral as you say, when you come to sort out the property of the deceased. Keep the letters as a reminder of how well thought of your Mum was and what a fantastic person she was to have such a positive effect on others lives. Don't be afraid to grieve as it's a natural process. My thoughts are with you as it's not an easy time.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Don't know if any of you recall but over New Years I asked for advice about whether you could force someone to see a Doctor. I had come up to see my Mum and she was very ill. I got her to hospital and she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She passed away 2 weeks ago and am now up at her house clearing her belongings. Probably not the right forum to go into it but could do with some cheering up so I'm posting this. And wanted to say thank you to the people that gave me some really good advice at the time, it did help.
genuinely sorry to hear that mate.

Johnnyboy

Sep 25, 2010
North Hampshire
Don't know if any of you recall but over New Years I asked for advice about whether you could force someone to see a Doctor. I had come up to see my Mum and she was very ill. I got her to hospital and she was diagnosed with terminal cancer. She passed away 2 weeks ago and am now up at her house clearing her belongings. Probably not the right forum to go into it but could do with some cheering up so I'm posting this. And wanted to say thank you to the people that gave me some really good advice at the time, it did help.

Sorry to hear this. My dad died 4 years ago and it was the worst time ever. Reading through the thread brings back a lot of sad memories. For me I found that as time goes by the feelings and emotions became a little less raw.

I don't know if this will cheer you up! But a lot of NSC members have taken time to show they care and are thinking about you at this sad time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Just read through your posts and have to say it has helped. I'm not often soppy on here but I was in two minds whether to post this thread but am heartened that I have and just many , many thanks to you all. Had my first barefoot walk of the year and that combined with your message has cheered me. Thanks

brightonbutterfly

Feb 18, 2009
Southwick
Hi Nibble, Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear about your Mum, but as others have said, what a wonderful person she was.
I'm walking a similar path to you-my Dad was diagnosed with terminal brain cancer last July, just 2 days before the spurs game. The worry, the sleepless nights, no-one knows what it's like until you walk that 'terminal' path. Thankfully your wonderful Mum passed peacefully and what fabulous people the children in her care turned out to be, to write to you when you needed it. All you can do is go at your own pace and remember the good times, of which, it sounds there were many! It's your time to use the people around you and do so-that's what they're there for. May the following days, weeks and months be gentle with you.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
She was a tremendous woman, Nursed in Belfast during the troubles, went through a marriage with a violent alcoholic, then married an amazing guy and spent her last few years reuniting a very scattered family and being a foster mother to very underprivileged children, taking them in and rebuilding their lives. She will be missed by many. Just going through the letters people sent her over the years tells me how many people she touched.

Well done Nibble's mum, sounds like she made a bif difference to a lot of people. RIP and condolences.

Big Jim

Big Jim
Feb 19, 2007
Very sorry to hear that. RIP

Cancer is a horrible horrendous disease and I hope a cure is found.

Stay strong, and at least you did the right thing getting her to the Hospital - you can't do much more than that.

All the best Nibble.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
She did pass peacefully. I have spent so much time organising the funeral and sorting out all her affairs that when that was all over I got here last week and it's a really empty house it just hit me today. Daft eh! but thank you

No, it's not daft.

My mother died at the age of 50 when I was 16.My father died 6 weeks later (totally unconnected), by which time I was 17.

My wife's mother died in january at the age of 95, having been saying that for a long time that she had "passed her sell by date", and having outlived her husbanf by more than 20 years.

but whatever the circumstances, these things are never easy if you are half way human.

And deal with it in your own way - I think one of the daftest things anyone can say is "I know how you feel..." , because they won't. Nobody else will have your experiences of your mother, your particular set of experiences. To thine own self be true - just to throw Shakespeare in to the mix.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Fellow albion fan and best friend of mine lost his mother in August.

I'd known her since i was 3. 15 years of my life and countless summers around hers with my mate, and going back from the park to his - keep hold of the best memories and you'll find when you're down you think "at least she lived a full life".

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Really sorry to hear of your loss, Nibble.

The waves of grief can feel like they will surround and overwhelm you, but be assured that in time they will subside. And you'll still be standing.

After the storm has gone, what's left will be thousands of memories of your mother that are filled with happiness, respect and love; death can never touch and wash these away.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Nibbles, I remember your original thread very well.

Truly sorry to hear of your sad news, and may your mother rest in peace. x

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I remember reading the original thread Nibbles and my condolences for your sad loss. I lost my Mum about five years ago and when the chips are down she's still the first person I think of.

Remember the good times and make sure you give her a great send off - a celebration of her life.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I'm really sorry to hear that Nibble, my deepest condolences. It may not seem like it now, but now she's pain-free, it is a blessing.

In the mean time, you said you needed cheering up, so I present you with this. Never fails to make me chuckle...

Animals Being Dicks

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Took the weekend off NSC so I've just seen this, I do remember the thread and I'm sad to hear she has passed on as she sounded like a lovely woman, mother, wife and nurse.

I am sure that one day you will be able to think of her and be proud she was your mother.

R.I.P

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here