Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mum passed away.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She was a tremendous woman, Nursed in Belfast during the troubles, went through a marriage with a violent alcoholic, then married an amazing guy and spent her last few years reuniting a very scattered family and being a foster mother to very underprivileged children, taking them in and rebuilding their lives. She will be missed by many. Just going through the letters people sent her over the years tells me how many people she touched.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
lost my mum 12 years ago, condolences nibble.

just a word to all you gobby little nippers.... respect ya mum, you never know how long you've got her for.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
She was a tremendous woman, Nursed in Belfast during the troubles, went through a marriage with a violent alcoholic, then married an amazing guy and spent her last few years reuniting a very scattered family and being a foster mother to very underprivileged children, taking them in and rebuilding their lives. She will be missed by many. Just going through the letters people sent her over the years tells me how many people she touched.

She sounds like an amazing woman who deserves to be commemorated for an amazing life.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Really sorry to hear about your Mum's passing, Nibs. She sounded like an amazing lady; & the love you had - & indeed have - for her in this ol' life shines through in your posts. Having had the pleasure of meeting you, I'm sure the love she felt for you were just as strong. Anyways, you just go steady now ya hear - because you've obviously been through a lot recently & you'll need to regain your strength (& probably your sense of humour!).

Here's to NSC being a healthy(ish) distraction for you over the coming days & weeks, although I'd probably give it a couple of days for the idiots to calm down after that latest football match (which our lot had the temerity to lose). You KNOW it makes sense! :wink:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks Twinkle, 'nuttin but love

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Hi [MENTION=5707]Nibble[/MENTION], I've no idea who you are or your circumstances, but know that I'd give you a hug and a manly pat on the back at a time like this.

Whilst typing this message, my two mates have decided to start TOE WRESTLING in the corner of the room. I hope that makes you smile.

Stay strong man.x

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thank you all, have to say you have all made tonight a bit more bearable x

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hi Nibble

Just seen this thread and I remember the one you posted at Christmas. Am very sorry to hear about your Mum.

When I lost my Mum suddenly, lots of people told me to do this and do that blah, blah, blah. The only advice I can give you is to do things at your own pace and remember and honour her in the way that you want to (which I am sure that you will anyway). She will always be with you.

Things will look rosier soon. :)

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Sorry to hear that Nibble. She sounds like she was a strong and caring woman! When you're the one doing the organising following someones passing away it seems to keep you going and so it doesn't hit you until later what has actually happened. When it does its a tough time and usually its when you're alone, so if its any consolation at all I know what you're going through and its tough and its ok to have a bloody good old weep every now and then. Chin up and good luck x

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sorry to hear that mate. Keep strong.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
sorry about your mum nibble...my mum's still still about but my dad died of "c" 11 years ago now ...........i sat with him , it was shite.......i can remember it like it was yesterday but it doesn't hurt any more ,takes a while but you'll be alright in a few months..........all the best mate. syd.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sorry this all happened Nibs. She sounds like an incredibly brave and giving person. It sometimes feels like there's not enough of them around. Hope the memories remain suitably warm and on occasion inspiring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here