Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Much as it hurts to lose to SCC.....

Nov 20, 2011
Resort = somewhere people like going to.

It does seem strange all this S'oton stuff. You really should be on a Pompey Forum, if you want to gloat.

It wasn't long ago that Saints asked us to be the last opponents to play at The Dell.

Yes, but without the industrial heartlands and ports, no one but the inbred royals and upper class chinless wonders would have contemplated visiting the seaside for recreation. Really, its' only the fact that Brighton is geographically in a straight line down from London that it became popular. All the useful places on the South Coast (Dover, Portsmouth, Southampton, Lymington, Portland, Plymouth) were more interested in commerce and military use than being a beach.

Don't worry, I have my place booked on the Pompey forum ahead of next month's thrashing of the Skates.

You were asked to be the last because you were also the first back in 1888. I don't think it was done out of affection, although it was a nice friendly atmosphere that day and as you say, hasn't been too many problems between the fans over the years (although 1986 was a bit spicey at the Goldstone).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here