Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Much as it hurts to lose to SCC.....

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Hopefully people will shut up about them now , although the whole build up for them was hillariously tragic - showing how they beat us at the Withdean and them really being full of it when they scored

feel for them mind , surely you get a trophy when you win a 'cup final'?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Southampton fans are amazingly smug, I now understand why we were so disliked by everyone last season and the beginning of this. Good luck to 'em and all that, but I'll be glad when they turn their attention to Portsmouth again. They suck.

they've just won 20 home games in a row, i think we'd be pretty smug if we'd done the same....

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I care about Albion. Always have. Have a lot of affection for the club. As I have said many times before, I genuinely want both Saints and Albion to be in the Prem. I also helped out in the Falmer campaign by writing to My MP. So while I naturally want Saints to win the division, it would be wonderful if Gus can get you lot sorted out and at least into the playoffs.

Some of the younger fans (of both clubs) probably think the Albion v Saints fixture is a huge crunch game like Albion/Palace or Saints/Pompey and should therefore be treated with maximum amount of swagger and 'agro'. There was a few tanked-up kids on the train on the way back yesterday trying to get me into a fight. One lippy teenager even threatened to 'bring me down' for wearing my colours in 'his town'. When I politely pointed out that I had probably lived here for longer than he had been alive he started calling me a Palace fan. I'm not sure of his exact IQ but it can't have been too high considering he had just told me not to wear my Saints shirt in his 'manor'. Oh well. All clubs everywhere have their fair share of idiots. Ours included: Anyone who registers with a name like 'onlyregisteredtogloat' is obviously only here for the wind up.

I appreciate that you & a few other Southampton supporters that post on here are sound. In my own defence, I was just attempting to shut the idiot WUM up - as he seems typical of a breed of gobby fan: givin' it the big 'un on other club's forums when things are going well (for a change). I realise all clubs have their swaggering dick-heads, but it appears to me that your club seem to have a particularly high quota these days. I reckon a spell in the Premiershite - which is looking very likely for your side now - will shut a good few of these gobshites up when you've taken an inevitable hammering or 5. I've no doubt the likes of yourself have a somewhat greater appreciation of the history of your club, including the relatively recent threat of liquidation...

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
So Southampton as a city is so great compared to Brighton. Strange then that Brighton and Hove are in top ten for places visited in UK by visitors from all over the world. Now tell me what position are Soton in , in that particular league? Enough said.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
When people describe Brighton as vibrant are they referring to the 2500 registered heroin addicts plaguing the streets and littering the shops as they shoplift to their narcotic nirvanas? Or perhaps they are referring to the bustling chavopolis of London road? Look it's a nice place to be and live but Barcelona it ain't, there are parts as depressing and shitty as Southampton so let's not get all precious about it. And it does have a large proportion of clueless Londoners who choose to move here and then gob off about how wonderful everything is, compared to large swathes of London I'm sure it is.

klaaturberada

Jan 2, 2011
If your view of the Southampton area is based solely on the area in which the stadium resides then that's as blinkered as rating Brighton by the state of Withdean. Both places have good and bad points. I haven't been to Brighton that often but when I have been there socially I thought it was a pretty good place to have a night out. I am not so sure about Southampton City Centre though. But, if you take the area of Southampton as a whole rather than just the city centre and the stadium location, it is pretty difficult to beat. Why do you think so many top players and managers who have been involved with Southampton keep property in the area long after their association with the football club is over? Even Jeff Stelling prefers it - although admittedly getting to the Sky Studios by car in about an hour probably helps :)

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Newer than ours then.

Actually no. We were looking for a new ground in the late eighties. I remember doing a study on it in 1990.

Does bug me when Albion fans slag off SMS. Sure your ground is more up to date in its design. It would be. Its newer.

But for me part of the day is going to the pub until 2.45 when i hop skip to the ground. You cant do that at the Amex. Travel is terrible in and out. You have to plan it and have to sit on a bus or crammed train right up to kick off. It ruins a part of the day for me. That said the pie and beers rock at the Amex.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
When people describe Brighton as vibrant are they referring to the 2500 registered heroin addicts plaguing the streets and littering the shops as they shoplift to their narcotic nirvanas? Or perhaps they are referring to the bustling chavopolis of London road? Look it's a nice place to be and live but Barcelona it ain't, there are parts as depressing and shitty as Southampton so let's not get all precious about it. And it does have a large proportion of clueless Londoners who choose to move here and then gob off about how wonderful everything is, compared to large swathes of London I'm sure it is.
Barcelona's the crime capital of Europe, what's your point?

Nov 20, 2011
It will probably look better when the "Lambert and Hammond" Memorial Diving Pool has been installed.

It can go alongside the Gus Poyet creche for him to inhabit when he next feels like having a little tantrum. Diddums.

Can even sort out the Craig Mackail-Smith money pit as well, if you have anymore waste of money players to dispose of.

Nov 20, 2011
So Southampton as a city is so great compared to Brighton. Strange then that Brighton and Hove are in top ten for places visited in UK by visitors from all over the world. Now tell me what position are Soton in , in that particular league? Enough said.

Errr duh, thats because your town is a resort.

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
Resort = somewhere people like going to.

It does seem strange all this S'oton stuff. You really should be on a Pompey Forum, if you want to gloat.

It wasn't long ago that Saints asked us to be the last opponents to play at The Dell.

It seems to have started with Hammond's strange gloating celebration a couple of seasons ago, very strange as he didn't seem to have left on bad terms. Then Adkins having a go. I don't think otherwise Southampton would have even been on our radar apart from the competition for the Championship last season. They're not our natural rivals (especially given that Pompey are, second to our friends up the A23)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Having lived in Brighton and Hove for the first 18 years of my life, and the Southampton area for the last 16 I'm probably better placed than most to vote on this stupid willy-waving thread.

They are such different cities that trying to compare them is pretty much pointless.

Personally, I'd say that Brighton is by miles the nicer place to live, than the city of Southampton itself, but there are plenty of decent places outside the city.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Trouble is with all the talk about this being the game that mattered in Poyets TWISTED logic I really thought he would have given it a RIGHT GO against Soton.

Rather have lost 3-0 and actually offered something (it would be better to say their keeper had a blinder, or we had a couple disallowed or hit the bar a couple of times) instead of the negative bore fests that we have served up away from home. Its actually a f***ing disgrace frankly.

Yes Soton are on a good run and yes I didnt expect anything (nor care really as it wasnt Palace) but I would have thought that *if* Hoskins and Vicente were fit then why not play them. And if they were not then let Lua and Noone start and like I say give it a GO.

As as for Harley. Is he sucking Poyets cock?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Its a shame that Gus has come out with some silly comments over the past couple of season because most saints fan did like Brighton.

Personally I will only follow brightons results when Gus goes!

It's a shame that Adkins too has come out with some comments that have unnecessarily riled Brighton fans. He and Poyet are both better than that

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The one thing that Brighton lacks is a good shopping center.......

Which tend to be built in sh*t areas to alleviate the gloom. The reality being that they tend to speed up the decline of the existing businesses.

Brighton doesn't lack a "good shopping centre" or I think what you refer to as a soulless chain ridden "mall".

It frankly doesn't require one and is much better for it.

I'd much rather around the North Laine than a Westfield.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here