Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mr potter and motivation

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bollocks. Potter is the conductor and the players are the musicians who are instructed to play to the tune he puts before them. It's a very good comparison especially if we are put Jazz into the mix to make you feel better about the improvisation part.

WTF the Premier ain't an orchestral competition ffs. You will have to do better than that if you want an argument you God damn fool.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
**** me that's a whole two times that you have posted about your eye rolling. No wonder why you have such a high post count.

Rolls eyes, a third time.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bollocks. Potter is the conductor and the players are the musicians who are instructed to play to the tune he puts before them. It's a very good comparison especially if we are put Jazz into the mix to make you feel better about the improvisation part.

Do that orchestra have to play in the pissing rain? Do they have to play against another orchestra who try to stop them playing how they would normally play? Do they have to play with half their musicians missing and replaced with lesser quality ones? Do they have thousands of people (no doubt crap musicians themselves) screaming at them if they make a mistake? It’s an absolutely nonsense comparison.

People sometimes seem to forget that there is another team out there trying just as hard to win. If our players could get it perfectly right every time, like your fictional orchestra, then we’d win the Champions league.

Have you ever played football before? If so, was your performance at the absolute top of your game, and to the absolute best of your ability, every single time you ever played?

Oh let me guess, if you’d have been paid 20 grand then it would have been...

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I should have written less of an interest, instead of a lack.

I hear what you’re saying, but all things considered, the FA Cup is of limited interest to clubs, supporters, tv companies, sponsors etc etc. I have the feeling this all-round apathy seeps into the minds of certain players and they don’t put in as much mental and physical effort.

As an aside, I’m as guilty as anyone, I went for a run instead of going to the game or even bothering to listen/watch it.

Yes, fully agree. I am sure that the general malaise with regard to the cup nowadays is to blame. I did go, but am fed up with hearing from the club about the magic of the cup to try and drum up support, when the reality clearly is that it seemingly comes way down in their priorities. Will I go again? I am not at all sure next season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yves Bassoona?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Bernard-piano

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leonard-cello Trossard.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ban-jo Burn.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ukule-Leon Balogun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ezequiel Cello-tto

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Leon Bal-organ.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Paul Bar-berimbau

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Do that orchestra have to play in the pissing rain? Do they have to play against another orchestra who try to stop them playing how they would normally play? Do they have to play with half their musicians missing and replaced with lesser quality ones? Do they have thousands of people (no doubt crap musicians themselves) screaming at them if they make a mistake? It’s an absolutely nonsense comparison.

People sometimes seem to forget that there is another team out there trying just as hard to win. If our players could get it perfectly right every time, like your fictional orchestra, then we’d win the Champions league.

Have you ever played football before? If so, was your performance at the absolute top of your game, and to the absolute best of your ability, every single time you ever played?

Oh let me guess, if you’d have been paid 20 grand then it would have been...

Wow Is playing football in the pissing rain really an excuse for football players???

Sensitive little chimp aren't you. I know exactly what I expect from a team at our level and I expect a massive cull before we hit a satisfactory consistency, and I am sure that Mr Bloom doesn't feel as kind, or as confident to the squad as you do after yesterdays example.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Wow Is playing football in the pissing rain really an excuse for football players???

Sensitive little chimp aren't you. I know exactly what I expect from a team at our level and I expect a massive cull before we hit a satisfactory consistency, and I am sure that Mr Bloom doesn't feel as kind, or as confident to the squad as you do after yesterdays example.

You’re an idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here