Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mr Coach named Sussex Coach of the Year

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
I'm so proud of Mr Coach. He's been named the FA Grassroots Coach of the Year for Sussex and we're waiting nervously to hear if he's made it through to the National finals. No fingernails left already!
There were 1,800 entries made, according to the FA, and from those they picked just 43 County Winners, with Mr Coach representing Sussex.

Nine of the 43 will be going through to Bisham Abbey to compete for the National title, being judged by Sir Geoff Hurst and Sir Trevor Brooking.

Please cross your fingers, eyes and any other bits that wont need hospital intervention for becoming twisted, for him. We should hear by the end of the week with the Regional results.

Mrs Coach.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Superb news.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
That's actually quite exciting news. Most of the time it's a why-doesn't-anyone-love-me or i-done-a-wotsit-last-night sort of thread that sums up people's lives here, but this is a sign of achievement i like to think we can appreciate a bit. So well done The Coaches, and good luck with the finals.

PS
Please think of a way of bruising or drugging a rival. It's the only way a winner acts.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Well done to Mr Coach and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll make it through to the final.

I know from my son's involvement in junior football and cricket how much time and effort these unsung heroes put into their sport so any award is very richly deserved :clap2::clap2:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well done to Mr Coach and I'm keeping my fingers crossed he'll make it through to the final.

I know from my son's involvement in junior football and cricket how much time and effort these unsung heroes put into their sport so any award is very richly deserved :clap2::clap2:
An ex-Withdean 2000 parent writes ...

Yes indeed. Also the GOOD coaches are like goldust. I'm sure Mr and Mrs Coach will agree that, even though people do it voluntarily, there are still far too many bad coaches/managers involved in boys' football. Well done Mr Coach, I wish there were more like you.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
coach9501.jpg

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here