Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MP causes residents of town major embarrasment on BBC TV.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
No, communism is a process where economic and social activity is controlled by one elected or otherwise entity. in so far that is discourages and dissolves any other kind of democratic thought or suggestion.

Bit like Fascism isn't it ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Isn't there a British Tea Party forum you'd enjoy more hb&b?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
No, communism is a process where economic and social activity is controlled by one elected or otherwise entity. in so far that is discourages and dissolves any other kind of democratic thought or suggestion.

Listen, I didn't come on here (at this early hour) to have you slap us round the CHOPS with a lecture on communism. I thought you'd be out & about looking for a random cyclist to assault by now anyway. :wave:

D

Deleted User X18H

I'm delighted to see you found his I come from a long line of Pork Butchers statemant hilario too, Mr H. :lolol:

It gave me great pleasure to see him officially admitting he's a SLICE. :thumbsup:

There is nothing funny about being a Pork Butcher nowadays. Not after E coli.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
That is what I find embarrassing the representatives of my town dictating what people can or cannot do.
They didn't give enough detail on this meat free Monday to judge how dictating it is.

Plus the fact she cow tailed to Meyer when he slagged off Brighton for basically being a concrete environment. No mention from her about Regency splendour or extensive parks and gardens.
Fair point.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Isn't there a British Tea Party forum you'd enjoy more hb&b?

I was shocked to read that Moe Tucker, drummer with the Velvet Underground is a card-carrying member of the Tea Party. How's that work then - going from the most dissolute band of wasters and caners to loony wing of the Republican Party?

Got to be all those drugs she took, surely.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am against the so called 'meat free Monday' as I come from a long line of Pork Butchers. She is trying to install some sort of compulsory diet into our lives. How long before this becomes present in schools as well as council offices. That is what I mean about communism. When Meyer told her he thought Brighton was in decline , ok she said about the Festhival , but he went on to say it’s all concrete slabs (referring to Brighton) she responded with a little laugh saying 'oh it’s in hand'. That it was I find embarrassing. Where in all this regency and Victorian are these concrete slabs, Apart from Junction Road and possibly Marlborough Street she obviously has no real clue about the architecture in Brighton. That is what I find embarrassing.

One of the many points you are missing is one which has been discussed for many years. In among the many many beautiful building, crescents, squares etc are some truely hideous buildings, the Odean in west street (if it still is), that hotel between Brighton town hall and the seafront to name but two (sorry can't think of any others of the top of my head, having not been to Brighton for many years). I think she understood that these are the buildings that the fella was referring to, so to harp on about all the beauty (that we all know) Brighton possess would have been rather pointless (a very Tory thing to do in order to score cheap points).

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
One of the many points you are missing is one which has been discussed for many years. In among the many many beautiful building, crescents, squares etc are some truely hideous buildings, the Odean in west street (if it still is), that hotel between Brighton town hall and the seafront to name but two (sorry can't think of any others of the top of my head, having not been to Brighton for many years). I think she understood that these are the buildings that the fella was referring to, so to harp on about all the beauty (that we all know) Brighton possess would have been rather pointless (a very Tory thing to do in order to score cheap points).

I felt he was referring to the Brighton Centre and Kingswest.

If so, then in that respect, he is spot on - they are revolting façades in their own right. Sited along a seafront of (mainly) Regency and Victorian buildings, they are truly hideous.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Albeit an interesting viewpoint and very narrow whilst very vague and IMO incorrect. I don't recall there being an official Communist Manifesto line on social activities but I'll take your word for it that it's there.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I felt he was referring to the Brighton Centre and Kingswest.

If so, then in that respect, he is spot on - they are revolting façades in their own right. Sited along a seafront of (mainly) Regency and Victorian buildings, they are truly hideous.

Exactly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here