Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving to Brighton

Don't think the Spread Eagle is there any more, is it?

Yes it is TLO and it looks like a rough boozer, I have live in Hanover for 27 years and have never set foot in it! It's the sort of pub you only go to if you know a friend there!

You're right - I'm thinking of Sussex Street, the one further south, and parallel to Albion Hill. :blush:

That was the Lion and Unicorn, known around here for years as the Blue House.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Yes it is TLO and it looks like a rough boozer, I have live in Hanover for 27 years and have never set foot in it! It's the sort of pub you only go to if you know a friend there!

A lot of pubs have a reputation , I used to play darts for the William Tell team and some of the pubs known for their intimidatory nature were often welcoming to "away" teams on darts night. Played darts at the Spread Eagle a couple of times , no problems , we never enjoyed playing at the Heart & Hand in East Street though. ???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Correct, providing you can't spell or read properly. It is Moulsecoomb. Only a faux Brightonian would mispell that.
Moulscombe was the correct spelling in the 1930's and 1940's when it was a small village until the massive council estate was built. The official spelling was changed by the council in the 1950's to Moulscoomb.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I used to live in Whitehawk and when my mum started work at Eagle Star and work colleagues enquired whereabouts she lived , she would say East Kemp Town !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here