Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moving back to London

Southy

Jul 7, 2003
But not so good if you're trying to get to Brighton (home games)....

Northern line via Bank branch southbound to Euston 5 stops, walk across 30 ft across the platforms to Southbound Victoria Line, 4 stops to Victoria, walk across concourse to platforms 16-19, 50 min train to Brighton. Door to door 90 mins. Sorted.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I'd choose Dulwich.

the slow norris

Feb 8, 2005
Suffolk
bhaexpress,

Too right.

M25 - 5 minutes by car.
Kent Countryside - 20 minutes walk max.
Gatwick - 35 minutes by car.
and spiritual home and folks (Withdean/Patcham) 1 hour away by car.

Nice!

and xian chinese restaurant on the high st, oh and doesnt a mr poyet live there too?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Just tell her to increase her charges.

:thumbsup:

Nah, she's only worth £2.50 tops....

Cheers for all the advice. Pretty sure I'm going to be looking SE area with Brockley and Sydenham top of the list.

Orpington sounds great but it's a bit far out really - want to be a cab ride away from a night out.

Oh and Algie - don't judge me by your standards :thumbsup:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Shepherds Bush, best transport links in London & you can find good properties especially if you have the funds in place already

Have to disagree on the transport links, although I'm not saying they are bad, in fact they are very good :)

But although I don't live there any more, Clapham is the best linked area I've ever lived.

Depending on which bit you live in, you get a pick of five tube stations.

You've got two Victoria Line stations (Brixton and Stockwell), as well as the Clapham Northern Line Stations.

It's also got a mainline (Clapham High Street) that runs to Victoria or London Bridge.

Charing Cross can also be accessed about 30 mins by bus on the 88 which goes all the way to Camden via Parliament and Oxford Street.

Clapham Junction down the road also opens all sorts of possibilities. It's walkable to central London (50 mins) if something seriously goes wrong.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Elephant & Castle is about as scabby as it gets currently. But they're imminently going to rip it up and start again. And you could just about walk to the City from there and still be back in time for The Simpsons. Best investment for a bolt-hole BY FAR in South/Central London.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Elephant & Castle is about as scabby as it gets currently. But they're imminently going to rip it up and start again. And you could just about walk to the City from there and still be back in time for The Simpsons. Best investment for a bolt-hole BY FAR in South/Central London.

I'd avoid Elephant and Castle (central), but there are definate bargains to be had in the triangle of old victorian housing just below it.

But yes, weird that somewhere you can walk to the city from it's still so shabby.

I presume it's because of it's industrial past, but as I say there are some realy nice places towards the South West of it.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Shepherds Bush, best transport links in London & you can find good properties especially if you have the funds in place already

Granted there's a train station now at Shepherds Bush but come on, it's a hole.

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Bushy,

I'm with you on this one. Camden is the place for people who are new
to London and think it's the centre of the Universe, market, bars etc etc.

One grows out of that feeling after a year or so and realises it's a tourist's
place, with an over-rated grunge-based market and a parody of itself.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bushy,

I'm with you on this one. Camden is the place for people who are new
to London and think it's the centre of the Universe, market, bars etc etc.

One grows out of that feeling after a year or so and realises it's a tourist's
place, with an over-rated grunge-based market and a parody of itself.

When I was about 17/18 and started going to London regularly, I thought Camden was the dog's bollocks. When I actually lived in London I quickly came round to realising it was just full of over-priced bars and pubs looking to attract all the 17 and 18 year-olds up from the sticks who'd spent their money in the over-priced market.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here