Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

movies you truly hated that everyone loved!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
gwpdylan said:
some oldies that never really did it for me
Blade Runner (thats sure to stir a bit of disagreement)

As you've had a hard time of it lately and 'never really did it for me' is not exactly slaughtering it, I'll let you off lightly sir...BUT...yes, I'll take the bait.

The proper cut of this film is superb, its influence seen in so many later movies I've lost count, all of them inferior. It certainly 'does it' for me.

One I hated that everybody else loved? Rocky Horror Picture Show. Utter shite, but I seem to know an inordinate number of people (especially women) who know it verbatim from start to finish.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Titanic by an country mile.

Can't believe so much money was wasted on going to see this absolute shitfest.

Oh and anything Tom Cruise is in.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Herne Hill Seagull said:
As you've had a hard time of it lately and 'never really did it for me' is not exactly slaughtering it, I'll let you off lightly sir...BUT...yes, I'll take the bait.

The proper cut of this film is superb, its influence seen in so many later movies I've lost count, all of them inferior. It certainly 'does it' for me.

One I hated that everybody else loved? Rocky Horror Picture Show. Utter shite, but I seem to know an inordinate number of people (especially women) who know it verbatim from start to finish.

why thank you sir :D i think i was somewhat influenced by a mates obsession with the film, so in the end i kinda got pee'd off with it...not a good enuf reason to "nit doing it for me" so i officially remove it from my list :lolol:

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Anything Speilberg has had a hand in, all the Star Wars & Lord of the Rings, have to agree about Titanic (I cheered in the cinema when monkey-face drowned at the end), any chick-flick drivel & any re-makes of old classics.

gwpdylan

Jul 26, 2006
Trufflehound said:
I was stuck on a plane once when Rocky II was the in-flight movie. That was one of the longest flights of my life.

Longest FIGHT too i gues

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Scream.

Neither clever, nor entertaining.

Just more mindless slasher nonsense.

Add both the sequels to that aswell.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid
Dances With Wolves

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Trufflehound said:
No, but they provided gin and tonic so that I couldn't hear them.

:thumbsup:
Did you stick the lemon in your ears or something?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Crash, not the one the one with James Spader but the pretentious, load of self indulganct wank that won an Oscar just because it was about Racism.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
That stupid one in the woods, where those three idiots are running around around screaming. You know, the one they pretend is a home movie.

Oh, and Jeepers Creepers.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Star Wars. Star Trek.

Most things with Julia Roberts in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here