Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOUTH - The latest

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I wouldn't usually bounce an old thread and especially such a binfest one but ....

.... I've just read the Stewarding report of the incident. It would appear there was a plain clothes steward sitting very close by ! Maybe the mouth wasn't as innocent as people are claiming.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I wouldn't usually bounce an old thread and especially such a binfest one but ....

.... I've just read the Stewarding report of the incident. It would appear there was a plain clothes steward sitting very close by ! Maybe the mouth wasn't as innocent as people are claiming.

and what did it say then?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
and what did it say then?

If the report is to believed then he was heard to swear quite a lot in the stand by the plain clothed steward. He then continued to be abusive and threaterning on the track and on the way out. Witnessed by a number of named stewards.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
So this plain clothes steward was occupying a seat in a prime position that could have been used by a paying supporter?

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Very similar thing in the old East Germany, it was called The Stasi.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
At least a Khazi is useful.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
This just gets better and better! I've always called them the withdean Stasi and now that's all the justification required. What a bunch of cocks. Sack the lot the moment were out of that shit hole.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I find it almost unbelievable, that Richard Hebberd would 'commision' a plain clothes steward to monitor a supporter who is vociferous.

Please, for Gods sake Albion, sack this Stasi inbred twat.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I find it almost unbelievable, that Richard Hebberd would 'commision' a plain clothes steward to monitor a supporter who is vociferous.

Now he's got the hump and the Ask The Falmer Project Team board has been shut.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
If the report is to believed then he was heard to swear quite a lot in the stand by the plain clothed steward. He then continued to be abusive and threaterning on the track and on the way out. Witnessed by a number of named stewards.

Speaking from experience as a former steward (thank god it was just a Uni job), people can get a bit 'abusive' if they feel they have been treated badly. When I say abusive, there is a different definition from a steward.

Although I wasn't present at this situation, my experience of stewards is that a LARGE proportion do not carry any common sense and inflame a situation.

The 'Mouth' doesn't seem like a bad chap. It seems that this is the first time he has been banned in all this time at Withdean. Three of my best friends were stewards and we found the best way to operate is to be gentle, friendly, smile, listen to their grievances and reason with the fellow. Not form some sort of hit squad and heavily outnumber the chap.

The career stewards were the worst (in general) or those that doubled up as doormen. As soon as Doc Martins, BHS trousers, clip on tie and a number yellow jacket were donned, they seemed to see themselves as being a mighty powerful figurehead.

I've seen it before at various football grounds and we will continue to see it whilst they employ people lacking common sense and courtesy.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it possible the "plain clothes steward" was an off duty steward who reported what he experienced after the fact, rather than a pre-planned undercover spy?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Is it possible the "plain clothes steward" was an off duty steward who reported what he experienced after the fact, rather than a pre-planned undercover spy?

I don't think so. A plain clothes steward is different from an off duty steward.

So was it just the 'plain clothes steward' that objected to his 'foul behaviour' or were there objections from paying spectators?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Now he's got the hump and the Ask The Falmer Project Team board has been shut.

Do you f***ing blame him?

Some of the crap that's been spouted about him has been exactly that. CRAP.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

To be fair they put them in the crowd after complaints from supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here