Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I liked the Chelsea fan in the front row who’s obviously paid a huge amount of money to be there, looking at his phone as one of the most technically brilliant goals of the season is scored live just a few yards away from him. What a knob.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Doesn’t matter who it is, I did say ‘players’, anyway in Neal’s defense he is generally running to our end, he may give it some on the way there, but I think that’s entirely different from choosing to run AWAY from your own fans to celebrate in front of the home end. I dont recall Neal doing that, but then again wouldn’t put it passed him!

They all gave it some to the Chelsea fans who were time wasting mid week. Just so happened to be infront the home fans as well. Which was nice.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Doesn’t matter who it is, I did say ‘players’, anyway in Neal’s defense he is generally running to our end, he may give it some on the way there, but I think that’s entirely different from choosing to run AWAY from your own fans to celebrate in front of the home end. I dont recall Neal doing that, but then again wouldn’t put it passed him!

Southampton away a couple of weeks ago?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Plenty of tactical analytical love on MOTD for Albion's formation with the pairs of Bissouma/Lallana and McAllister/Mwepu.

Mwepu's flick got appreciation from both Shearer and Jenas.

And finally 2 goals from McAllister making the closing montage, with his 2nd being chosen to finish it above Kovacic's.

I think we did alright.

I really like the 4-2-2-2 that Potter plays from time to time.

Worth noting that we could replace the midfield 4 from the team that defeated Everton with Groß, Alzate, Richards & Moder coming in and probably still have enough to win in the cup next week.

What strength in depth!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Great praise for us on MOTD, impressive for once

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
For once they explained part of the opposition looking lost was how we set up. So often we hear Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham etc, played poor. But the way we set up and press makes the opposition look scrappy and out of sorts. The way we press high up, but with a ring of support for the press leaves players with limited time and options to get the ball away. Then as soon as we have the ball that zone of support becomes areas flooded with options for us to move. It's a thing of beauty to watch. I watched the West Ham game high up in the home end and time and again West Ham fans were frustrated by their players fluffing passes and losing possession, then we'd be on the attack. It was happening too often to be an accident.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For once they explained part of the opposition looking lost was how we set up. So often we hear Liverpool, Chelsea, West Ham etc, played poor. But the way we set up and press makes the opposition look scrappy and out of sorts. The way we press high up, but with a ring of support for the press leaves players with limited time and options to get the ball away. Then as soon as we have the ball that zone of support becomes areas flooded with options for us to move. It's a thing of beauty to watch. I watched the West Ham game high up in the home end and time and again West Ham fans were frustrated by their players fluffing passes and losing possession, then we'd be on the attack. It was happening too often to be an accident.

Mwepu and Mac Allister playing in the space between their lines, destroyed them. Loved that analysis.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
They all gave it some to the Chelsea fans who were time wasting mid week. Just so happened to be infront the home fans as well. Which was nice.

20220102_175753.jpg

Solly showing his appreciation for the home support.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Barber out!

I’ve luzzed a number of half full coke bottles off the WSU at various opposition players but it’s impossible to control the trajectory without a lid on them. They normally land on the poor sods in the 1901 if they make it out my shelf at all!

I’ll be trying again to hit Zaha in a week or so but it’ll probably result in a few more coke showers for the toffs in the middle tier. Barber has taken ALL my fun out of football by banning the lids!

You’ll be doing well hitting him in Africa from the wsu matey

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Friday night games are always last with little analysis.

They needed to look at the Maupay "goal" in some detail - not even discussed I'm convinced it should have stood as he committed no foul. Butland had the ball in both hands and his momentum took him into Maupay and he lost the ball. The ref thought it was ok but what did VAR see that was a foul ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here