Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MOTD

The SKY thirty minute highlights are much better. Covers all the main incidents and no after match poor quality punditry. Some immediate analysis from an ex-player alongside the commentator. A much more enjoyable watch than MOTD.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely. The neediness on these MOTD threads is a little embarrassing. Albion weren’t great yesterday, and got a bit lucky, so what’s the disinterested pundit supposed to say? The VAR decision was clearly the talking point and of most interest to the neutral. We all know, of course, that we got some long awaited and long deserved smiles from the gods of Karma yesterday and should be happy with that. It was only three weeks ago that we demolished Spurs and I seem to remember that the MOTD coverage was extremely positive and primarily focused on Albion’s fantastic performance. It was a MOTD love in that weekend.

This. Every week, it’s embarassing.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I just mute them now and enjoy seeing my side on MOD with a beer. They are never give us any credit so why listen to them

We'll never get any credit if we drink alcohol during a match. That's just wrong.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Am I the only one who never watches MOTD anymore.

I really don’t care about watching anyone, including us.

Having said that I did watch Brentford vs QPR on sky yesterday lunchtime after Golf, and thought the end to end attacking, not tippy tippy bollocks was very refreshing and enjoyable.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

Having said that I did watch Brentford vs QPR on sky yesterday lunchtime after Golf, and thought the end to end attacking, not tippy tippy bollocks was very refreshing and enjoyable.

I watch us on a stream, and maybe highlights catch-up for the bits the stream misses through freezing. Really not that interested in watching other teams, so haven't seen it this season at all.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Brentford were very impressive in the first half.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I did tune in briefly tonight, but generally haven’t watched it for many years.

The Sky and BT analysis from ex players who’ve actually watched the full matches, blows the MOTD token 3 minutes out of the water. Jenas, Murphy and Shearer in no way know the nuances and flow of 7 matches, from highlights fed their way by editors.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did tune in briefly tonight, but generally haven’t watched it for many years.

The Sky and BT analysis from ex players who’ve actually watched the full matches, blows the MOTD token 3 minutes out of the water. Jenas, Murphy and Shearer in no way know the nuances and flow of 7 matches, from highlights fed their way by editors.

They do actually spend the whole day and evening in the studio watching the matches. Obviously not the entire 90 minutes of every game, but they don't formulate their analysis purely on the highlights that we see.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)

I only watch it when we win......................I don’t see it too often!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
NBC do a pretty decent "Match of the Day" type one-hour highlights show, but last night's programme didn't deem Trossard hitting the bar, or Murray's narrow miss, worthy of inclusion.

Not as bad as an earlier episode, though, when they didn't deem Albion's match worthy of inclusion whatsoever!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They do actually spend the whole day and evening in the studio watching the matches. Obviously not the entire 90 minutes of every game, but they don't formulate their analysis purely on the highlights that we see.

I think analysts do it for them, and lob them the soundbites.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think analysts do it for them, and lob them the soundbites.

Peter Crouch goes into the whole MOTD process in some detail in one of his latest pods - thats not how its done (unless he's just flat-out lying, which I doubt).

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MOTD2 gave Maty a mention tonight because he is donating $500 Aussie for every Prem save. It amounted to $28500 (£15000 approx)and showed the saves. He got a well done from them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here