Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOTD - How Thick is Dzeko?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Man City have just beaten Stoke 3-0. Dzeko scored and he took his shirt off to wish the fans "Happy New Year".

He knows he will get a needless booking but he still does it!

How thick/arrogant is that?

They are going head to head with Man U and he could face a suspension towards the end of the season. If I were Mancini, I would fine him hard.

If the Prem made removal of shirts a sending off offence, I swear some of the players would still do it!

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
Although he knew he would get a yellow card, do you honestly think by showing a shirt wishing everyone a 'Happy New Year' he is being arrogant? Do you really think he should be fined? I don't remember Dzeko having a reputation for getting a booking by taking his top off; maybe he was just showing a nice message?

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Man City have just beaten Stoke 3-0. Dzeko scored and he took his shirt off to wish the fans "Happy New Year".

He knows he will get a needless booking but he still does it!

How thick/arrogant is that?

They are going head to head with Man U and he could face a suspension towards the end of the season. If I were Mancini, I would fine him hard.

If the Prem made removal of shirts a sending off offence, I swear some of the players would still do it!
rules are rules and it would be unfair to all the other players who have been booked being a dick head. I agree with the adder.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Although he knew he would get a yellow card, do you honestly think by showing a shirt wishing everyone a 'Happy New Year' he is being arrogant? Do you really think he should be fined? I don't remember Dzeko having a reputation for getting a booking by taking his top off; maybe he was just showing a nice message?

It is arrogant because he knows the booking could hurt his team and he doesn't give a shit!

He will probably get a fine for the booking anyway but it will be small pennies compared to his wages.

I am not 100% sure but I bet there aren't many United players who take their shirts off. Fergy would have a fit.

If I was a city fan, I would not have been happy with Dzeko's reaction. Last day of the season would be different.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Thick and arrogant is a bit strong isn't it? I know rules are rules, but I think getting a booking for over celebrating or removing your shirt is nonsense ( unless the message is insulting)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thick and arrogant is a bit strong isn't it? I know rules are rules, but I think getting a booking for over celebrating or removing your shirt is nonsense ( unless the message is insulting)

I am not saying the rules are right or wrong but they are the rules.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Made me laugh when the lad Lineker called Keith Dublin by his surname
" what did you think of that Dublin "

i heard that, thought i was hearing things

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
Berba last week taking his shirt off to reveal 'Keep Calm and Pass me the Ball' was arrogance (which I, on a personal level, loved).

Always makes for a nice picture for a potential back page photo what Dzeko did. Maybe he'd like his face in the papers?

Slightly stupid that so many players still take their tops off, but you can't single out Dzeko as stupid and arrogant.

Pole in Goal

Aug 14, 2012
BN1
It is arrogant because he knows the booking could hurt his team and he doesn't give a shit!

He will probably get a fine for the booking anyway but it will be small pennies compared to his wages.

I am not 100% sure but I bet there aren't many United players who take their shirts off. Fergy would have a fit.

If I was a city fan, I would not have been happy with Dzeko's reaction. Last day of the season would be different.

Seeing as it was only his second yellow card of the season, I don't think it's going to affect them that seriously.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Berba last week taking his shirt off to reveal 'Keep Calm and Pass me the Ball' was arrogance (which I, on a personal level, loved).

Always makes for a nice picture for a potential back page photo what Dzeko did. Maybe he'd like his face in the papers?

Slightly stupid that so many players still take their tops off, but you can't single out Dzeko as stupid and arrogant.

Agreed. I mentioned Dzeko because I was watching it this evening. I actually have Berbatov in my fantasy league side, so that cost me a point.

I know that NSCers would not be happy if any of our players were needlessly booked on the first day that slates have been wiped clean.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Seeing as it was only his second yellow card of the season, I don't think it's going to affect them that seriously.

I think I posted the thread as I was questioning why anyone would take a needless booking. He could have got a second booking and been sent off.

Think I'll leave it.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think if I took my shirt of every time Brighton scored I would be ejected from the ground not a pretty sight :facepalm:

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
The whole rule should be stripped, heat of the moment and stuff, the F.A need to worry about more important things than that

Assuming he had written the message on his shirt before going on the pitch, how can it be heat of the moment? He obviously intended to take his shirt off if he scored to show the message.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Assuming he had written the message on his shirt before going on the pitch, how can it be heat of the moment? He obviously intended to take his shirt off if he scored to show the message.

Wasn't aimed at him, I meant players in general who score a last minute winner, who may take it off or whatever and get a yellow, or second yellow for it....it's a crap rule

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Sense of humour failure from the ref. He doesn't HAVE to book him. Just have a word and let it go, be a human being rather than a robot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here