Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MoTD, Albion v Villa 25/03/72

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Remember the game and goal very well.John Templeman was a good player and a nice bloke.Used to see him in Bognor sometimes;always had time for a chat.
Only remember Ian Goodwin as Tank...at one match there was a large banner/flag carried by someone saying 'GOODWIN FOR ENGLAND'.!!!Full of effort,bit wayward on the skills sometimes!!

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I think it's called, 'Bringing the house down...'

Brilliant clip/goal :yahoo:

Skintagain 1983

And Smith Did Score!
I can't remember if I was at he game or just remeber MOTD form that night. It was certainly around the time I started watching Albion with my Dad. I do remember a very early game I attended being on MOTD as I saw myself on TV when we had a corner at the North-East corner. :eek:

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Well we wern't on often!

Motd only showed highlights of 2 (or 3) matchs, no goals from all the games or things like that. i think they had a quota of lower league matches each season, but it was not many.

The 3rd div that season was a classic. Villa were pulling in regular 25k and Albion's crowds, after Xmas were 18-28k with a couple over 30k. Even notts & bournemouth were getting crowds of 15k.

Villa v Bournemouth was also a MoTD and I think the crowd was not far short of 40K

I think MotD had to show four games per season from outside the top two. But why is that video in b&w when colour came in in 1969?
The most likely reason Ian Goodwin got called Reggie is that the original nickname of Wedgie was misheard, and got corrupted to Reggie. Nicknames are like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here