Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Welbeck will be happy both his first half efforts edited out
That's odd. Both very presentable efforts that would make good highlights. In fact both made the shorter Sky highlights reel.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
The hype around Mitoma is getting a bit scary now. A couple of boys from my under 8s team whose football knowledge extends to 'Ronaldo doing the suiii thing' were talking to me about how brilliant he is at training this morning 🙃

You could really feel it in the ground today as well, both before the game and every time the ball got near him. Unbelievable we have a player of his quality playing for us, he is the definition of world class. He wasn't even outstanding in his overall play today but he was still the difference.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
The hype around Mitoma is getting a bit scary now. A couple of boys from my under 8s team whose football knowledge extends to 'Ronaldo doing the suiii thing' were talking to me about how brilliant he is at training this morning 🙃

You could really feel it in the ground today as well, both before the game and every time the ball got near him. Unbelievable we have a player of his quality playing for us, he is the definition of world class. He wasn't even outstanding in his overall play today but he was still the difference.
Absolutely - he's one of those very rare players who whenever they get they ball, you're expecting something to happen....every time.
If he's not world class now ( and I think he is), he will be very soon, in everyone's eyes, especially now it seems he can head a goal, too. :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Who's watching tonight?
Yes and hoping m
Our defense looked to be in absolute shambles apart from Estupinan.
wouldn't say that’s fair. I guess you weren’t there? The break when Pervs blocks makes it look like that and the halfway line foul one as we were out of position, but we were fairly solid to a degree overall…

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Absolutely - he's one of those very rare players who whenever they get they ball, you're expecting something to happen....every time.
If he's not world class now ( and I think he is), he will be very soon, in everyone's eyes, especially now it seems he can head a goal, too. :)
Second headed goal of the season…

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Interesting to note that one of the irritations of some people on this thread (Brighton not even being mentioned) happened to the B'muff last night. It was literally all about the Albion!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Interesting to note that one of the irritations of some people on this thread (Brighton not even being mentioned) happened to the B'muff last night. It was literally all about the Albion!
Ha! I came onto this thread to post the same thing! On the 'MoTD' thread on the Bournemouth equivalent of NSC (if either exist) there'll be posts spitting feathers at the 'Top Club' bias. 'All the analysis was about Brighton and their pin-up boy Mitoma', they'll bleat. 'Nothing on us, our scintillating attacks or our two stone-cold penalties'.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The MoTD edit (once again) made things appear a lot more even that they were (exhibit no.1 the league game v Liverpool a few weeks ago). They didn't even bother with Welbeck's 2 opportunities
Not bothered if it makes teams think we’re not as good as we are.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Yes and hoping m

wouldn't say that’s fair. I guess you weren’t there? The break when Pervs blocks makes it look like that and the halfway line foul one as we were out of position, but we were fairly solid to a degree overall…
The defence looked under pressure a few times due to us playing our usual formation of 'one at the back'

luge

Dec 18, 2010
The MoTD edit (once again) made things appear a lot more even that they were (exhibit no.1 the league game v Liverpool a few weeks ago). They didn't even bother with Welbeck's 2 opportunities
I felt that this one was ok. The welbeck opportunities were ok. Also, it was a big MOTD with alot of games. Those down the running order get cut massively. I watched it on a stream as couldnt make it, and i would have probably chosen all of those chances - including those of Bournemouth's.

Interestingly I though Bournemouth played well, they were obviously defensive and slowed teh game down.. but their chances were really good. I wonder if I was in the stadium I would have thought the same....

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’m coming to the conclusion that the only person that can stop Mitoma is Mitoma himself.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just watched it. Astonishing misrepresentation of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here