Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MOTD - 22:30 BBC One

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Which reflects well on him when you consider how badly the club treated him when he trialled for us.
I’m sure he understands it’s a whole different club. Gone from training at Preston Park with literal asset strippers running the club, to chasing Europe in our beautiful stadium, state of the art training facilities and with our World Cup winner and several £80m+ valued assets.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I think I’m annoyed because unlike usual we actually stayed up to watch MOTD last night. Won’t bother again, particularly with the pointlessness of Lineker and Wright.
Very unfair to mention Wrighty in this context, he is always very complimentary about us and gives good analysis of what we do well, while yet again he made a subtle dig at Souness in defence of our appointment of RDZ.

Last edited:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Very unfair to mention Wrighty in this context, he is always very complimentary about us and gives good analysis of what we do well, while yet again he made a subtle did at Souness in defence of our appointment of RDZ.
They really don’t like each other. I know whose side I am on. Mind you, I’d pick bloody Jenas over Sourness. The absolute dirt worst pundit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Very unfair to mention Wrighty in this context, he is always very complimentary about us and gives good analysis of what we do well, while yet again he made a subtle did at Souness in defence of our appointment of RDZ.
Yes, I have to admit to liking Wright a lot. Hard to write when he was easily Palace's best player when I was in my yoof but he's never considered that at all when commenting on us. A fair pundit and an entertaining one.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
When I watch MOTD, it's almost as if the pundits assume that we are going to play slick one touch football and now take it so much for granted, that they hardly ever get into analysis of it.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I listened to the R5 full match commentary last night…….if you want some background noise whilst ‘working from home’ or similar it’s a great listen. Very, very complimentary throughout (Goals @ 1.05, 1.10 & 1.38 ish if you want to FF to the highlights)

Brilliant commentary, thanks for the timings too 👍

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
For all needy fans - White & Jordan on TalkSport has a segment of ‘is Brighton beating Liverpool really a surprise anymore’ - will no doubt be a good mix of why Brighton were so good / Liverpool so bad

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
For all needy fans - White & Jordan on TalkSport has a segment of ‘is Brighton beating Liverpool really a surprise anymore’ - will no doubt be a good mix of why Brighton were so good / Liverpool so bad
I think Sourness joins them for the PL weekend review on a Monday, doesn't he? I'm not needy (plus I can't STAND Jim Shite), so I won't be listening, but I REALLY hope (if he's on – and if he's not, at some point in the not too distant future) that the Scottish Berk is made to eat his words about De Zerbi after the performance on Saturday.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think Sourness joins them for the PL weekend review on a Monday, doesn't he? I'm not needy (plus I can't STAND Jim Shite), so I won't be listening, but I REALLY hope (if he's on – and if he's not, at some point in the not too distant future) that the Scottish Berk is made to eat his words about De Zerbi after the performance on Saturday.
Not in today - Keown instead by the sound of it

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Typical Lineker when he said “Brighton are great to watch, let’s talk about Liverpool”
Other way around, wasn't it? Something like "Liverpool weren't great, but Brighton are playing some fantastic football at the moment..." Then a bit of coverage about us before covering what Liverpool did wrong.

I didn't have a problem with the coverage, to be honest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I see that MOTD's Alan Shearer has snubbed Brighton , yet again, by only putting three of our team into his PL team of the week.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
there was one passage of play about 3/4 of the way through the match. Started at the back, the ball was passed about half a dozen times crossing the pitch several times via what at the time seemed all the team. Liverpool were just running like headless chicke3ns, had no idea where the ball was, and were just shellshocked. I was really looking forward to seeing it on the highlights but nierther MOTD or on the extended highlights had it.

Everyione around me was just looking on on admiration and the Liverpool fan sitting beside me was just shaking his head with a wtaf am I watching here . (very complimentary about us at the end, and wasnt looking fwd to his long trip home to Liverpool, also stood up and applauded our goals .)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Every week the same arguments appear here:

One side: We don’t get enough credit and the highlights and pundits are big club biased to the extreme

Other side: We have a lot of needy fans

- the answer is probably in the middle somewhere but it does get a bit tedious reading it every week tbh 🤣

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Blimey. Ollie Watkins has 30 Premier League goals.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here