BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
4epe3uju.jpg

or

tezy7yta.jpg

My uncle bought me a a Slinky, he was either stupid or didn't like me very much as I lived in a bungalow!:wink:

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
A balsa-wood glider kit, it took HOURS to put together then I took it to the park with Dad, it crashed to the ground first flight and fell apart.:down:

The only good thing was the high I got from sniffing the glue!:mad:

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro

I loved the Magic Robot, and it's still available today. At least the questions made it interesting for a while.

The most useless toy I had was Johnny Astro - a balloon and a fan...

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The Slinky did lose it's appeal after you relised it could only go down the stairs.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Buckeroo. I'm sure it's a great game but my dad stood on mine on Christmas day when I was 8. He said he was going to replace it but he never did, not that I'm bitter or anything. 32 now, still waiting and would still be a happy recipient of a new Buckeroo.
If it's any help, I had Buckeroo and disliked it. On a similar vein my space Action Man that I got for Christmas had his arm broken off by my cousin on Christmas Day. THey never replaced it either.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
For some reason when I was younger I got into collecting these weird little freaky men/mutants called Muscle Men I think. Small, odd little pink creations. Little blokes with odd mutations. One had bricks for hands, other had a sharks head etc. You bought them in little tubs made to look like dustbins with about 10 of them inside. I was obsessed. They were absolutely useless.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
View attachment 50684

Plastic soldier and parachute.

Ha! I used to have those. I'd drop them over the bannister at the top of the staircase. They would usually hit the ground before deploying their chute properly and on the rare occasion the chute caught some air they would spin uncontrollably and you spent the next hour untangling the string before repeating the pointless airdrop. Total cack.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
View Master. With those discs of pictures. You could get anything from A-Team cartoons to weird shots of foreign cities. Strangely fascinating but totally useless. A really odd concept for a children's toy.

Oh and Madballs.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
In 1986, I had £35 burning a whole in my pocket after a birthday, so I wasted on this crap:

Casio%20VL-1_large.jpg

Totally shit bit of kit.

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
My nephew was OBSESSED with HE-MAN and Masters of the Universe, I guess he'd be very embarassed to admit that now. Andd that he's a Spurs fan.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
hippos.jpg

'Hungry Hippos'. Absolutely ZERO skill or strategy involved. Just hammer that trigger like buggery. Thats it. Rubbish.

Also, what was ever the POINT of an Action Man parachute ? In my minds eye I had visions of throwing him up in the air from my bedroom window, seeing the parachute unfurl, billow and bulge in the breeze, before watching enthralled as the moulded plastic khaki eunuch rode the wind and drifted dreamily down into the garden below. Gosh, careful Easy Jnr, check the wind direction first, or he may drift over to next door !

The reality of course was that the 'chute would stay stubbornly screwed up in a tangle of string, as Action Man completed a few mid-air somersaults, before reaching the pinnacle of his haphazard arc and falling to earth in an unstoppable and wholly uninspiring death-plunge.

I might as well have chucked a Barbie in a wedding dress.

Last edited:

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
In 1986, I had £35 burning a whole in my pocket after a birthday, so I wasted on this crap:

Casio%20VL-1_large.jpg

Totally shit bit of kit.

My Mum had that Casio, she wanted to learn the piano!!! All I can remember was Greensleeves being played on 'auto-play' over and over. Was it really £35 jeeezz

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can't find a photo but there was this submarine which you put some sort of pill in and put it in the bath. The pill was surposed to make the submarine surface the then sink again, don't think it ever worked and then you ran out of pills so that was that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Casio%20VL-1_large.jpg

Totally shit bit of kit.

My older Brother had one. He would make me press one key over and over again as he performed "Chariots of Fire" for Uncles and Aunts and my Mother insisting he was some kind of modern day Mozart and him lapping it up as I continually pressed the one key, only there to serve the "genius" of my older Brother.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here