Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most unexpected turnaround Albion win or draw

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Lankyseagull said:
FA Cup 4th Round 2-2 v. Liverpool at Anfield 26.01.91.

Then taking them to extra time in the replay, before going down 2-3.

A game that we had a perfctly good Mike Small header dissallowed right at the death, it should have finished 3-2 to us in normal time.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I remember a league game against Bournemouth. We were 3-1 down with about 10 minutes to go before we decided to start playing.

I think there was a Stuart Tuck thunderbolt and a Paul McCarth bundled header to make it 3-3 to send the North Stand totally MENTAL. (Someone correct me with those scorers...)

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
The Large One said:
Found it - nearly. 17th October 1981

Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool

Liverpool scorers...
Dalglish (12), R.Kennedy (39), McDermott (73)

Liverpool were certainly 2-0 up. Not sure at what times the Albion scored though.

What I don't remember is the return fixture - we won 1-0 at Anfield.
Andy Ritchie got the winner. Soon after Ian Rush knocked the ball past Digweed after a terrible back pass from Tony Grealish but the ball got stuck in the goalmouth mud and 'The Man' Fozzie cleared it away.:bowdown:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Burnley, sometime around Christmas a few years back

Either 3-1 or 2-0 down late on, a lot of the crowd had buggered off as it was cold, and we scored twice (I THINK Steve Sidwell got both, but I stand to be corrected), to nick a point.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Orient at the goldestone. THAT game. 4-4.:clap: One of the best matches in terms of entertainment ive ever seen. Ray wilikns wouldnt say that though.:D

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Away to West Brom when we were in the 1st. Played off the park for 85 mins and scored either once or twice in the last 5 to rescue a very unlikely point. I very vaguely recall that Sam Allardyce was playing for West Brom??

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another nomination would be when we played Derby in one of our Championship seasons.

We were playing really badly, it was freezing cold pissing down, then who should pop up in what must have been about the 89th minute to score and nick us a 1-0 win but Kerry Mayo.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Frutos said:
Another nomination would be when we played Derby in one of our Championship seasons.

We were playing really badly, it was freezing cold pissing down, then who should pop up in what must have been about the 89th minute to score and nick us a 1-0 win but Kerry Mayo.

I Remember that one. A certain Fabrizio Ravenelli was on the bench for derby I seem to recall.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Statto said:
I Remember that one. A certain Fabrizio Ravenelli was on the bench for derby I seem to recall.

That's the one.

I remember him seeing him warm up before the game with a look on his face suggesting he'd never experienced anything quite like Withdean before.

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Frutos said:
That's the one.

I remember him seeing him warm up before the game with a look on his face suggesting he'd never experienced anything quite like Withdean before.

I remember he ran past our section to cahants of "Derby subs you must be shit, do dah, do dah". (Camptown races tune)

:lolol: :bowdown:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
the wanderbus said:
1 - 0 down at home to Sunderland around 1978/79,Eric Potts comes on as sub & scores twice in the last couple of minutes ( may even have been in injury time) .All infront of the MOTD cameras

yep thats the one for me too...both goals were in injury time and I seem to remember going home along the old shoreham road and as the crowd was coming out of the ground in near silence.

those really WERE the days :bowdown:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Gully said:
I can remember, but didn't attend, the 7-0 against Charlton. My best result was the 6-1 versus Carlisle, we went in with a 2-1 lead at half time...it had been a really one-sided affair, they had scored with pretty much their only shot of the half, I couldn't believe that they really could be that bad and that we would be punished in the second half for not scoring more...I was wrong, in the second half we scored another 4 and it could and maybe should have been more. I am pretty sure that all our goals were scored by different players, although I can't for the life of me remember who any of them were, it was a long time ago.

Danny Wilson hat-trick!!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember a game against Barnsley when Mark Barham scored to equalise in the last minute at the Goldstone when everyone was walking out moaning.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
supaseagull said:
2-0 down away at Grimsby on a Tuesday night around 1984/5. Won the game 4-2 and I think we scored all 4 goals in the last 10 minutes.

That was a good night! It avenged the previous season's 5-0 drubbing which I had to watch with the home fans. My school were the ballboys and all my mates knew I was a Brighton fan. Horrific.

The 4-2 was with a late Terry Connor Hat-trick wasn't it?

Russ

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
the wanderbus said:
1 - 0 down at home to Sunderland around 1978/79,Eric Potts comes on as sub & scores twice in the last couple of minutes ( may even have been in injury time) .All infront of the MOTD cameras

Yep....I,m with you and Glasfryn on this one. Best comeback game by a country mile for me.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
supaseagull said:
2-0 down away at Grimsby on a Tuesday night around 1984/5. Won the game 4-2 and I think we scored all 4 goals in the last 10 minutes.

Tuesday 7th May 1985

Why I still keep going to no-hope away games.

Can't remember who scored, who played - anybody know?

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
bhaexpress said:
I remember being 0-0 against Walsall at half time and being second best and then Mr Ward and Mr Mellor got busy.

7-0 !

I was thinking of this game as well, played the first half with a gale behind us and thought we would need at least a 2 goal lead with the wind against second half. Then score 7!!!

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Not really a win or a draw for that matter but a great comeback all the same

3-0 down to Sheff U at Bramball Lane in '89

A brace a piece for Wood and Bremner took us to 4-3 up in the second half

only to concede 2 late goals (Brian Deane perhaps) and be on the end of a 5-4 scoreline

and in the same week went to Wolves and scored 4 there...this time only let in 2 but the biggest cheer was hearing the Palace score on the way out. 9-0.:clap2:

Went to both games but missed the first 2 Albion goals at Wolves as was 10 mins late into the ground.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
zego said:
Tuesday 7th May 1985

Why I still keep going to no-hope away games.

Can't remember who scored, who played - anybody know?
I know Alan Biley, Hans Kraay & Terry Connor got three of the goals. Connor may have got two (not sure)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here