Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most unexpected turnaround Albion win or draw

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In all your years or months following the Albion (if it's months it'll be the home game against Forest :lolol: ) which game stands out as one where we turned round what looked like a nailed on defeat. I have to go back a long way on this. 2-0 down to the surgically masked Millwall and their fans at half time. We were absolute shite so Mullery turned them round as they went to the dressing room at half time and send them straight back onto the pitch where they hung around for the half time break. Cue an unlikely early goal and a 3-2 win :clap2:

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Swindon in the play offs.

I never looked like we would get back into that game but the rest as they say is history! :clap2:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
The Large One said:
I remember being 3-0 down to Liverpool at The Goldstone before we pulled it back to 3-3. I think we did the same to Coventry at their place around the same time.

Thanks to Smith must score at Coventry

Are you sure it was 3-0 against Liverpool? Sounds a bit of a mountain for any Albion side that :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I remember a game at Gillingham (when we played there, not against them), we were 3-0 down at half time and ended up drawing 4-4...can't remember the opponents, might have been someone like Cambridge or Northampton, but am pretty sure that it was an Xmas fixture.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Gully said:
I remember a game at Gillingham (when we played there, not against them), we were 3-0 down at half time and ended up drawing 4-4...can't remember the opponents, might have been someone like Cambridge or Northampton, but am pretty sure that it was an Xmas fixture.

Either Paul Samrah or Atilla were so pissed that they were giving slurred rallying calls out on the tannoy during the 2nd half as well I seem to remember. Defintely over the xmas period though, can't remember who it was against either

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Found it - nearly. 17th October 1981

Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool

Liverpool scorers...
Dalglish (12), R.Kennedy (39), McDermott (73)

Liverpool were certainly 2-0 up. Not sure at what times the Albion scored though.

What I don't remember is the return fixture - we won 1-0 at Anfield.

Last edited:

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
1 - 0 down at home to Sunderland around 1978/79,Eric Potts comes on as sub & scores twice in the last couple of minutes ( may even have been in injury time) .All infront of the MOTD cameras

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Notts Forest last season amazed me.

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
FA Cup 4th Round 2-2 v. Liverpool at Anfield 26.01.91.

After a goalless first half (and losing Mark Barham to injury), going 2 Ian Rush goals down, then fighting back through Small (pen) and Byrne.

Then taking them to extra time in the replay, before going down 2-3.

Happy days!:clap: :bowdown:

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
If you are talking about the away game then I might be tempted to agree, 1-0 up after an hour and we were on cruise control with Forest not even getting a look in, then they raced away and were awarded a penalty...after that we couln't get our foot back on the accelerator and ended up losing 2-1.

Can't comment on the home game, wasn't there.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember being 0-0 against Walsall at half time and being second best and then Mr Ward and Mr Mellor got busy.

7-0 !

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can remember, but didn't attend, the 7-0 against Charlton. My best result was the 6-1 versus Carlisle, we went in with a 2-1 lead at half time...it had been a really one-sided affair, they had scored with pretty much their only shot of the half, I couldn't believe that they really could be that bad and that we would be punished in the second half for not scoring more...I was wrong, in the second half we scored another 4 and it could and maybe should have been more. I am pretty sure that all our goals were scored by different players, although I can't for the life of me remember who any of them were, it was a long time ago.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Large One said:
Found it - nearly. 17th October 1981

Brighton 3 - 3 Liverpool

Liverpool scorers...
Dalglish (12), R.Kennedy (39), McDermott (73)

Liverpool were certainly 2-0 up. Not sure at what times the Albion scored though.

What I don't remember is the return fixture - we won 1-0 at Anfield.

Liverpool were 2-0 and then 3-1 up before Jimmy Case scored the equaliser with a header from what I recall.

Honourable mention must go to when we played Liverpool in the FA Cup in 1991 when we were a division below them at the time. 2-0 down at Anfield in the second half but came back to a f***ing BRILLIANT 2-2 draw with goals from Byrne and Small I think. Johnny Crumplin had one of his GENIUS games too against the BINDIPPERS that day.

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Icy Gull said:
Thanks to Smith must score at Coventry

Are you sure it was 3-0 against Liverpool? Sounds a bit of a mountain for any Albion side that :lolol:
We were 3-1 down. We got our first goal somewhere in between their 3. Two goals for the Albion in the last 15 or so minutes got us back to 3-3.:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here