Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most skillfull player ever to wear the stripes

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
Brian Horton

I think the best all round footballer ive seen playing for the albion is Brian Horton he could attack, defend, score goals and martial the team. He won albion player of the year in the same year that Ward was top scorer in the entire football league.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I think some people have totally missed the point of the thread. Who is the most skilful?
How anyone can consider Lawrenson to be as skilful as Worthington is beyond me. Lawrenson was an exceptional defender but in terms of what he can do with a ball, would not be fit to lace the boots of someone like Worthington.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
As all fo you know seeing skill on tv is easier than at a game where things happen split second and don't get replayed. There is that moment whent he ball is coming to the forward who has a defender right up his backside. The next second the forward is gone with the ball and the defender is left for dead. It happened so fast you didn't even see it.

The only Albion player I ever saw do this on a regular basis was Wardy. Of course I was terribly baised but when he went to Forest I thought his next stop was a full England shirt... he was that good. And I will ever damn Cloughie for ruining him.

Honourable mentions for Sully who cold leave you chin on your chest (except when he wqas shooting) and Johnny Byrne. Pity I never saw Gostmanov in the flesh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here