Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most skillfull player ever to wear the stripes

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Worth a mention for Darren Currie. exceptional skill, technique and control. Sadly realised just how good he was when he was surrounded by a better calibre players at Ipswich.

get real. in the last 4 years maybe but ever???

he could control. stand still or stroll forward then cross well but skill? no.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I've been watching the Albion since the 1965/66 season - so it's Peter Ward by a country mile. I appreciate that those of you who didn't see him play can't judge him and therefore have your own favourites, but if you HAD seen him ......

Honourable mention for Frank Worthington who was obviously well past his best when he played for us but was still capable of producing the odd moment of sublime skill.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Peter Ward

Mentions for

Peter O'Sullivan
Tony Towner
Mark Lawrenson
Bobby Zamora
Gary Nelson

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I've been watching the Albion since the 1965/66 season - so it's Peter Ward by a country mile. I appreciate that those of you who didn't see him play can't judge him and therefore have your own favourites, but if you HAD seen him ......

Honourable mention for Frank Worthington who was obviously well past his best when he played for us but was still capable of producing the odd moment of sublime skill.

I'm sure everyone's seen this before, but won't ever get bored of watching Frank Worthington's goal for Bolton v Ipswich

[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0z_arXZ8nM&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/W0z_arXZ8nM&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

I'm sure everyone's seen this before, but won't ever get bored of watching Frank Worthington's goal for Bolton v Ipswich

Even the ref can be seen applauding.
I was at University at Leicester in the early-mid 70's when Frank was in his pomp playing for City with Weller, Rofe, Cross et al and he regularly used to do things like this - just a shame that the cameras didn't catch many in those days. Remember an outrageous backheal from the edge of the penalty area against Sheff Utd that went in like a volley.
And he used to regularly be in the pub until about 1:30 on match days.

Ward for me though, Frank with the silver medal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here