Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most shocking events in your lifetime?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Only two people but for me it was when two off duty soldiers 'took a wrong turn' and ventured into a republican funeral cortege in Belfast. You could see the fear in their faces. Shortly after they were brutally murdered..

Remember that,VERY hard hitting footage on the news and in the papers.

Feb 2, 2007
Japan
These two are f***ing awful. :( :(

not nice at all brother simster. sorry to bring the scene down and all that. oh yeah, life goes oooooooon
, as some cheesy rock star once sang. Aerosmith or was it the Centrefold J-Giles chappies perhaps

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
The Air France Brazil-Paris plane crash a couple of years back. The thought of those people dying in icy cold, shark-infested waters.

Lockerbie .. it was the day I flew back to the UK for Xmas, and I actually saw the plane at Gatwick waiting to take off .. by the time my mum came to pick me up from the airport, it was on the radio news.

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004
The death of my brother in a horrific motorbike accident at the age of 21 and having to identify the body.
The James Bulger murder - my daughter was the same age at the time which really brought it home.
The death of Princess Di - I was working a night shift at Gatwick Airport and they put out an announcement, Gatwick went completely silent, people walking round stunned, females with tears streaming down their faces, surreal.
9/11 - changed the world forever.

Many others as mentioned in previous posts but these are the ones that stand out for me.

I remember as a nine year old, Senna's crash at Imola.
A year later hearing/ reading about Fred West, scared the hell out of me as well as not really understanding it. (no-one ever will I guess)
Potters Bar rail crash
9/11 was the catalyst for the world we know now, a very strange day!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here