Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most satisfying win of the season so far?

For me it was. Last night was a potential banana skin after ours and Yeovil's results at the weekend and defeat could have signalled the beginning of a big wobble, but we ground out the result like real champions and I think the confidence taken from it will be the catalyst for a storming run in.

Woke up with a proper GRIN this morning. SUPER Albion. :ascarf: :ascarf:

(In other news, my wife thinks we'll finish seventh. Twat.)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The final whistle was the biggest 'kin RELIEF of the season, I'll tell thee.

Phew.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
I did not wake up with a grin on my face this morning...I was just cursing that at getting in at 2:00am (as we had a couple of pints after the game) I had only 3 hours sleep before having to goto work.

But back to the topic and as important as last nights win was the most satisfying win award has to goto the Peterborogh away game for it was the most complete performance. There were large chunks of that game where we did not allow them a single touch of the ball. Magic stuff.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I read that as 'mystifying' and wondered what on earth you were going on about.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'd agree with Safeway - an excellent night's work, and if we're lapsing into cliche, the kind of result promotions are made of. With the Southampton-ometer back up to a 10-point gap when it could easily have been 4 or 5 after yesterday, Saturday's damage is pretty much repaired.

Four out of six points from our games in hand and we're laughing.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Charlton away.

We had just come back from that disappointing draw against Bournemouth and almost lost the game against Tranmere before that. Most Charlton fans (or at least the ones I spoke to) were expecting to win and viewed our previous result there as an anomaly. Fantastic display and set us well on the way to extending our unbeaten run and solidified our spot at the top.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
At the time the Posh away result was pretty satisfying as I thought they were going to be a proper threat this season. Watford was also pretty good. But I think each win from now on will be more satisfying than the last right up until promotion is secured. I know its a cliche but the next game will be the most important for us for the rest of the season.

Jonno

Enthusiasm curbed
Oct 17, 2010
Cape Town
Beating Portsmouth was pretty satisfying, albeit in the cup.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Will possibly go down as one of the most important if we go on to have a great March.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Any win immediately after a (rare) defeat this season is very, very welcome. Even a point last night, and everybody would have been looking at "1 point in 6 Brighton" and wondering whether we might finally slip up for good. Last night's result put that worry to bed in the minds of most I should think.

Now, if we win against Carlisle then that's 2 points a game from the last 3 games (including 2 away games) and that MK defeat will have been totally forgotten.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
Any win immediately after a (rare) defeat this season is very, very welcome. Even a point last night, and everybody would have been looking at "1 point in 6 Brighton" and wondering whether we might finally slip up for good.

THIS! And I think the satisfying thing for me is that we have been doing this all season. We've been having bad results occasionally... not bad runs. TOUCH WOOD! No seriously, touch him, if you can. Just not on that ankle of his, it's sore.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
SW 1-0 defeat followed by 2-1 home win over Walsall.
Orient paintpot followed by 2-0 home win over MK.
Huddersfield defeat followed by 1-1 Charlton and then 5-0 Orient home win
Bmth defeat followed by 2-0 Colchester home win
We didn't win immediately after Hartlepool and our worst wobble of the season followed.

Actually this is the first time we've followed up a defeat with another away game, so to get back on the horse and win away on a Tuesday night is particularly fantastic.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
I'm always more nervous about home matches and keep thinking the run will eventually end.

Bizarrely I was very pleased when we beat Colchester at home 2 nil, I was convinced we were
going to lose

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
exter away for me aswell, didnt look good that day but played like league winners should and eventually had the quality to come back and win. Barnes' goal in the 89th minute was when i started to really believe we can go all the way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here