Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Overrated and Underrated

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Overated - Frank Lampard

Underated - Steve Finnan, Javier Macherano (been absolute class playing for Liverpool)

Spunk Bubble

Feb 21, 2007
Over rated - Anton Ferdinand (and pig ugly and thick as shit)

Under rated - Kevin Nolan (all I could think of:lolol: )

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Over-rated: Rooney, Henry
Under-rated: Matty Taylor, Jamie Carragher and for us Joe Gatting.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Over-rated: Theo Walcott, Kieron Richardson, Sol Campbell, Scott Carson.

Under-rated: Ledley King, Darren Bent, Benni McCarthy, Darren Fletcher.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Overrated: Ryan Giggs / Robbie Savage
Underrated: Mark Noble

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Underrated: Gary Neville.

He's argumentative, ugly, plain speaking and plays for a team plenty of people hate.

But he's been one of the most consistent players in this country for a long time, he rarely puts a foot wrong for England and he (a bit like Roy Keane) doesn't put up with any shit. If England play crap, he admits it, he doesn't go for the flowery excuses like the others do.

If I'm disappointed at yet another crappy England performance, I want the players to be feeling it too, not just pissing off to China White's in their Ferraris to get drunk and pull slappers. At least with Neville you get the feeling he'll go home and be as pissed off about it as the rest of us.

Besides, if we had a player who was as openly passionate about the Albion as he clearly is for United AND who came out and freely admitted he hated Palace fans (as Neville did with Scousers), we'd be giving him the keys to the city.

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Underrated - Lee Carsley, Mikel Arteta, Stewart Downing (what? I think he's good) Mark Viduka, Kevin Davies

Overrated - Anton Ferdinand, Andriy Shevchenko, Petr Cech (people say he's the best in the world, when I don't think he is)

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Overrated- Thierry Henry (fabulously talented but also an extraordinarily bad loser, and as capable of diving and cheating as the best of them, yet has the media right up his backside)

John Terry- I have this sneaking feeling we're all being slightly duped by the Terry myth. He's solid enough, but there's still a nagging doubt that he's a little too one dimensional for an international centre half.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Out of interest who is it that underrates Gary Neville? Plenty hate him, but who exactly doesn't rate him? Have I missed the media, backed by the nation's football fans calling for him to be dropped from the England side?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Overrated- Thierry Henry (fabulously talented but also an extraordinarily bad loser, and as capable of diving and cheating as the best of them, yet has the media right up his backside)

John Terry- I have this sneaking feeling we're all being slightly duped by the Terry myth. He's solid enough, but there's still a nagging doubt that he's a little too one dimensional for an international centre half.

Spoken like a true United fan......

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Over-rated - Terry, Lampard, Carragher

Under-rated - Agger, Niemi, Arteta

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here