Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most Overrated and Underrated

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Common as Mook said:
Fabregas oozes class. Don't forget he is still only 19.
...unless he's put under a bit of pressure when he turns into a stroppy, gobby version of Barry Ferguson.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Simster said:
Not by that TWAT who commentates for ITV on their Champions League games, he's not. He NEVER does anything wrong according to that bloke.

Nearly went for that that one myself, but you can't argue his importance to the clowns, considering they were gash when he was out of the side.

True, but England standard?

Then again I guess that says more about England than him to be fair.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Kinky Gerbils said:
True, but England standard?

Then again I guess that says more about England than him to be fair.
Agreed. Nobody is talking about him being the answer to Englands problem "sans Michael Owen" so I don't really think he's overrated.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Overrated: defoe, ashley cole, both ferdinands, k dyer
underrated: Kevin Nolan, M. Essien,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Underrated - CKR, Sidwell,Vidic
Overrated - Lennon, that winger who plays for middlesboro and england ( or doesnt),Zamora

Oct 25, 2003
STEWART downing has a good cross on him, but he has f*** all pace and a seemingly fear of trying to beat a full back

if he was right footed he'd be nowhere near the england side

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
turienzo's lovechild said:
STEWART downing has a good cross on him, but he has f*** all pace and a seemingly fear of trying to beat a full back

If he was not Mcclowns rent boy he wouldnt either

Shovechunko is f**ing USELESS, my GRAN would be better than that utter shite DONKEY. Stuart Downling isn't all that either. Henry just does simple stuff, but commentatory wheeze on about how stupendous, how tricky, how imaginative etc. I think that makes him over-rated, but I'd still like him in my team because he does NOT do imaginative or tricky things - he just kicks the thing into the right place. Why more players don't 'get it' is beyond me. I'd expect it of a pro football player. Carrick does as much or more from the midfield, imo., ....and he's all that Fabregas is too, yet people crow on about him like he's something outrageous.

Underrated? Not sure....depends on who is rating them I suppose. Arnie Riise, Gary Speed, SWPhillips, Gary Neville, Gamst-Pederson, Keane, McBride, Kevin Davies, Michael Dawson, Barry, Tim Cahill,

Up and coming players doing amazing things, could be superstars; Matt Taylor at Portsmouth has scored some real wonder-goals, can't be flukes but...can he keep doing it?
Leighton Baines, a little early to call 'finished article', but looks on target for that.
Jimmy Bullard. Injured early doors this season, but hope to see him play again like he did for Wigan last.
Steve Sidwell. Defines the word 'industrious'. Great team player and individual skills. Simple but effective player. He would probably be better to stay at Reading, but they would also do better to try and keep him there.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
turienzo's lovechild said:

if he was that good at crossing, he wouldn't need to beat his full back. But he's not that good at crossing either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here