Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most improved player?

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Over half way through the season, who do you think is our most improved player?

My shout GG, been really impressed with his passing out of defence.

Sep 1, 2010
Craig Noone. Seems to have been more consistent this year and has risen to the challenge of the Championship very well

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Noone/Dunk

Sep 1, 2010
Definitely Noone for me. Looked decent last season but didn't expect much from him this season. WRONG!

Yeah he has surpassed my expectations for sure. Not sure Where Dunk comes in at though. He came in because El-Abd & Elphick were injured so i had never seen him play before. His performances seem to have been consistently solid (inc the bookings) so not sure i can put him in most improved player category by what i have seen alone

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
Corr, that's a tough shout. Dunky, Noone, Bridcutt and possibly even Caskey Forster. But I think I would have to go with Bridcutt.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
From performances last season Noone has improved the most for me. GG has maintained his consistency more than anyone else, Bridcutt maybe excepted.

From nowhere Dunk has appeared, so given where he was last season, he must win most improved player. To have stepped up from limited first team appearances to be a possible signing for a premiership club in the Jan transfer window is improvement beyond all recognition in a few months.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011
Since Poyet joined - Bridcutt, he has been outstanding ever since Poyet got his hands on him, and has become key in our midfield.

This season - Between Nooney and Dunk for me. Noone was always looking a promising prospect when he joined, but since we've made the step up to the championship, he's been terrorising defences, he is a game changer, and at 24, is only young, and will only improve under current management. Dunk was almost non-existent until this season, before this season I remember him being abismal in defence, what Poyet and co have done to improve into high standard/pushing prem defender is outstanding, although I think his form has dropped recently, before the injury, he has been class up until that point, composed, solid, and again, young, can only get better.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Yeah he has surpassed my expectations for sure. Not sure Where Dunk comes in at though. He came in because El-Abd & Elphick were injured so i had never seen him play before. His performances seem to have been consistently solid (inc the bookings) so not sure i can put him in most improved player category by what i have seen alone

Agree again. Whilst Dunk is a solid player I couldn't pass judgement on his improvement as we didn't see him in the first team last season, and I guess that is what this thread is about? I could have completely got the wrong end of the proverbial though!

Edit. [MENTION=13251]Lord Bamber[/MENTION] has cleared this up for me.

Last edited:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I'd say Master Dunk - although if Matt Sparrow repeats last Saturday's performance every week, it'll deffo be him by the end of the season. :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dunk by a country mile

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Agree again. Whilst Dunk is a solid player I couldn't pass judgement on his improvement as we didn't see him in the first team last season, and I guess that is what this thread is about? I could have completely got the wrong end of the proverbial though!

Not just here for the nasty things in life :thumbsup:

Sep 1, 2010

Not just here for the nasty things in life :thumbsup:

Don't listen to him DFP, LB has not been sober since 1987 and that was only for stealing some African coffee in the Wavy Line

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here