Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most improved player?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Don't listen to him DFP, LB has not been sober since 1987 and that was only for stealing some African coffee in the Wavy Line

Ha Ha, my secret life is out there and that is not strictly true. I spent part of spring 1996 sober hunting Honey badgers!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Were that troublesome to catch compared to, say, a tiger?

I could catch a tiger with my bare hands, wearing leg warmers and listening to jedwood on my ipod. A honey badger is an uncatchable, untameable double hard bastard.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think I must be the only one who does not get the Noone thing...All show and no end result for me, like a bird who may look decent at the disco but fails to deliver the goods on the way home. He would be third choice behind Lualua and Buckley every time for me, although there is no shame in that.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
The OP mentioned GG and indeed GG has indeed stepped up from last season and has moved forward from then. He has been quoted for possible Scotland call up etc. He has been blindingly GOOD - sorry about the red v the Scum.

In terms of the most improved player since last season ( if this relates to players with us last season and currently in the first team squad), despite any shortcomings, it probably has to be Nooney, well there is no-one else !

I assume this is not talking about shortcomings and is purely on the basis of most improved.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
most improved or stepped up to championship required standard?

GG - Stepped up
Bridcutt - Stepped up
Dunk - Improved and championship standard
Noone - Stepped up

the rest are all ok!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Definetly Dunk by a long way at the moment but if JFC continues like Monday it could well be him by the end of the season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Over half way through the season, who do you think is our most improved player?

My shout GG, been really impressed with his passing out of defence.

Greer and his passing was class last year too, hence the massive average rating he got from the Argus, and the annoyance he used to show if his defensive team mates weren't passing to his standard.

Dunk possibly the best improver.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Nooney or Dunk take your pick !!!!

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place
I think I must be the only one who does not get the Noone thing...All show and no end result for me, like a bird who may look decent at the disco but fails to deliver the goods on the way home. He would be third choice behind Lualua and Buckley every time for me, although there is no shame in that.

Have to agree with you there Rev, can't cross and can't shoot (bar the goal against Peterboro). Looks fantastic running at players but like Aaron Lennon, no end product. I still love him though, and the competition we have for our wingers is immense.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
From performances last season Noone has improved the most for me. GG has maintained his consistency more than anyone else, Bridcutt maybe excepted.

From nowhere Dunk has appeared, so given where he was last season, he must win most improved player. To have stepped up from limited first team appearances to be a possible signing for a premiership club in the Jan transfer window is improvement beyond all recognition in a few months.

Very difficult to argue anything you said Lord Bamber.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here