Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Most embarrasing thing at a football match

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
I managed to break a finger whilst watching a local game some years ago.

Ball comming towards me on the touchline, went to catch it and it hit the top of my fingure and that:censored: :censored: :censored: hurt

Last edited:

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
seeing as Catherine isn't able to contribute this, i will do it on her behalf.

at withdean a couple of seasons ago, she got a cup of hot chocolate and as soon as she got back to her seat was given a mars bar. Now, bless her, she found coping with two things a bit difficult and, as she tried to open the mars bar she managed to tip the ENTIRE cup of hot chocolate down the guy in front's WHITE jacket!!

thankfully, everyone saw the funny side.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what the hell is a fingure?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Many moons ago, when I was about 12 or 13, playing Wrexham at the Goldstone. Some Wrexham player hacked down a Brighton payer (can't remember who), and I shouted at the top of my voice, "Oi you dirty Welsh c....." at which point I realised just in time I was with my dad and the "C" word became coalminer. I still cringe with humiliation as I remember the looks I got from my mates.

seagull over sevenoaks

Jul 14, 2003
Me and a mate went through a period of wearing England flags with Albion written across them round our necks at games. This stopped abruptly when I nearly killed myself at Gillingham.

Can't remember what game it was but we scored, the crowd surged forward and as I jumped in the air the bloke behind me trod on the bottom of the flag. I was completely flipped off my feet, landed flat on my back and proceeded to slide another few steps further forward. The flag was now under the feet of about 10 celebrating brighton fans and I was choking..

Its the only brighton goal I've ever celebrated by screaming "get off me" "stop it" at the top of my voice.

I've still got the scars now.... :jester:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
01/02 season - last as s/t holder at Withdean

just after another poor refereeing decision, went to vent my frustrations from D block, at just the moment all those around me went quiet. What was meant to be "Referee you tw@t" came out as "Referee you twit".... which was followed by mocking on a huge scale from anyone within earshot! :shootself

Very red face and a very quiet game from that point onwards :lolol:

Last edited:

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Around 1975 I was sitting on the east terrace wall next to the pitch as I turned round to speak to a mate a typical third division sliced hoof out of defence smacked me in the face and knocked me straight over the wall. The Big Match had sent cameras to the game and in the highlights the next day you caught the hoofed clearance heading into touch followed by a pair of legs going up then disappearing of the side of the screen.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
A few seasons ago, back at the Goldstone one my mates (for a joke) lent forward and pinched some skinhead's arse. The bloke turned round and smacked the bloke next to my mate. :ohmy:

It was bang out of order, but I still have to laugh about it. But I really had to keep a straight face as this bloke was looking for the culprit and me laughing didn't help the situation.

:D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton 0-0 Notts Co in the season we later lost to them in the playoff final.

We hit the post and I started celebrating in the North Stand. Unfortunately it didn't go in and I noticed everyone was staring at me about 20 seconds later because I was still celebrating in my own little world. What a spanner.

This happened this season but I can't remeber against who................

We had a free kick around their penalty area and in true Withdean manner it all goes to a deathly hush.

We're sittting in direct line behind Nathan who taps it to Chippy who makes a cracking connection and the silence is only broken by me shouting "GOOOAAALLLLLL" at the top of my voice.

Red faces and much laughter in Block E as the ball flies harmlessly wide for a goal kick. :lolol: :blush: :blush: :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace v Albion, 2002-2003 season.

Never been that embarrassed at a football match before...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
An FA Cup replay one night at Woking a few years back, I arrived shortly after kickoff. Gave my ticket in at the turnstile and hurried through into the away end, arriving just in time to see a goal go in up the other end. I thought the Albion had scored, and started leaping around going "YYYEEESSSS !!", but then stopped immediately as I realised it was actually Woking who had just scored. Everyone was looking at me with that "you twat" expression on their faces, as I sheepishly looked for somewhere else to stand.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've posted this before but it still makes me cringe. It was at Priestfield and the ball was hit into the crowd and dropped towards me, as I was near the front. Rather than just gently patting it back, I decided that a left foot volley was called for, swung my leg and smacked the ball .... right into the face of the bloke standing a few yards away. Huge roar of laughter from the people around as the poor geezer holds his boat and I slink back into the crowd.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Trying to start a chant of you "dirty northern bastards " against very northern team Arsenal. Practically the whole of the North Stand turned round and called me a pratt.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
An away game at Halifax back in 1999. With about 25 minutes to go I nipped off to get something to eat. I strolled along the front of the terrace whilst the players went through all those warm up things they do. You've seen the keepers practising kicking? Well in true Mark Walton style our Welsh Wizard keeper missed Mark Ormerod with his kick and the ball hit me square in the side of the head. Didn't have a clue what had just struck me or where I was. It was all I could do to stop myself crumpling to the floor.

"I'm fine thankyou Susan"

:dunce:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Not to me but good anyway........

Quarter final home to Norwich in '83, Jimmy tucked his shot away neatly in the bottom right hand corner, a very very packed north stand went wild, a guy near us with his very ample wife,.. well you can guess,...... the left one popped out making our celebrations even more frenzied I can tell you.

I can't remember if she was embarrassed, but my god what large nipples.

Lord Bracknell said:
The most embarrassing thing I've EVER seen happen to anyone at a football match was Denis Law back-heeling the ball into the ManUre net to send them down into the Second Division.

:clap2: :clap2:

No.

the most embarresing thing you've ever seen happen to anyone at a football match was watching Michael Mahoney Johnson run around at Pissfield in the mistaken belief that he had the talent to be a professional footballer for brighton & Hove Albion

if he'd been a racehorse they would have put hiim out of his misery.

Last edited:

murray

Jun 5, 2004
by the sea
being a ball boy on the east terrace at the GOLDSTONE, the ball went into the vacant part of the terrace next to the away fans (LEEDS UTD), i went to jump over the advertisment boards only to get my foot caught which made me fall flat on my face onto the terrace. They then sang.."She fell over".... and "Who the fecking hell are you". :blush: :shootself

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here