Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

most away fans at a brighton home game

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Curiously, nobody seems to have mentioned the large contingents of Crystal Palace fans which I remember in the 1970s.

I was going to say the 1st game in 72? or 1958 Fulham,Chelsea 1967.

Ian from Doncaster

Jul 29, 2011
So, for a while at least the answer to the question (for the Amex) is likely to be "Doncaster Rovers, 6th August 2011" - until Pompey or the Saints come visiting I guess!

So, for a while at least the answer to the question (for the Amex) is likely to be "Doncaster Rovers, 6th August 2011" - until Pompey or the Saints come visiting I guess!
Sorry, you can't even claim that! The Sussex Senior Cup Final has just been played there, Eastbourne Borough v. B&HA (neutral ground, see) to which we 'took' several thousand :lol:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Still the biggest away following since ?

Pompey in the cup last year or Cardiff 1997 when it kicked off in Hove park for over half an hour after the game

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
And they had part of the north ? Am sure it was over 1k ?

Perhaps your right-either way,this season will see the most since the Goldstone,and about time,i'm all for large away support.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Biggest I remember was arsenal 1979 first game of the season in div 1 . Don't know exact figures but that away end was rammed !

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Think Blackpool will fill it TBH.

Me too..in fact i see a lot more teams filling the away end than given credit for this 1st season.

D

Deleted member 2719

As much as i like a bit of a atmosphere and banter with the away mob i really hope the advantage of a new stadium doesn't swing around to the away side as i can imagine most sides are really going to get a buzz out of the new ground.
We need to score early on at home and hope that the albion faithful use Falmer to it's max vocally all season.

So let's drown them out.

:vuvu::vuvu:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I remember a large Norwich contingent for the 6th Round clash v. Norwich in 1983. Did they bring 7,000?

Nope, I did not notice any of them. 700 would have been too many. A bit like when Villa visited in their Division One Champions season, I knew there were a few there (but they were too intimiadated) but they had nothing to cheer about. Villa in their Division 3 champions season brought a few (hundreds) fans as I saw lots of them being thrown out the ground.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Curiously, nobody seems to have mentioned the large contingents of Crystal Palace fans which I remember in the 1970s.

I didn't notice any of them. Perhaps, they were hiding?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here