Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mornington Crescent!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'm am no connoisseur of this rather marvellous gentleman's game, however I did physically get onto Mornington Crescent station tonight and disembarked at Chalk Farm... am I the winner for actually physically being there?

If not I shall play Larry Grayson's limp wristed 1973 move... Brixton

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ah-ha, it's 2/2/12, which courtesy of the David Shepherd, Nelson Ruling, means we can resurrect any old game for immediate continuation.

So, picking up this old one, hmmmmmm, Brixton, tricky that, I see why no-one came back on that move.

Hang on, I think I can get away with a sneaky .....

Balham.

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
Almost gave it to me on a plate there, but I see what you did there, so I will play it cautious for now:

Tooting Broadway

Manx Shearwater

Jun 28, 2011
Brighton
You play like a seasoned veteran sir, but have some of this:

Olympia.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
A-ha, with East Ham having been played, I can play the rhyming slang variant for added difficulty, and go;

Gareth Bale - Tottenham Hale.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Mornington Crescent. I win. Again.

This shit game is f***ing easy. Is it only tricky if you are trying to be Willy Rushton, Tim Brooke-Taylor or Graeme Garden?

No, you can't play Mornington Crescent from Tottenham Hale, not since the infamous Moscow match of 1994, and the Яйца amendment that happened at the hastily arranged International conference that followed.

No, you can't play Mornington Crescent from Tottenham Hale, not since the infamous Moscow match of 1994, and the Яйца amendment that happened at the hastily arranged International conference that followed.
Yes I can. That rule only applies if you're a tedious smug bore who likes chortling as his own jokes.

As I say, I win. Pint of stinky real ale for me to celebrate winning this crock of shit I think.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes I can. That rule only applies if you're a tedious smug bore who likes chortling as his own jokes.

As I say, I win. Pint of stinky real ale for me to celebrate winning this crock of shit I think.

Try the other side of the bed tomorrow mate. :thumbsup:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Double post.
But it was a damn good post, so maybe worthy of it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here