Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More phone in RUBBISH

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
London Irish said:
It was an incident that took place in a youth football game in Sussex. How much more local do you want?

Precisely

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
It was an incident that took place in a youth football game in Sussex. How much more local do you want?

re-read what I wrote LI!!

I'm saying there's not enough albion talk in the media, local or national

There's plenty of racial debate around

dwayne said:
re-read what I wrote LI!!

I'm saying there's not enough albion talk in the media, local or national

There's plenty of racial debate around

'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Nice soundbite SHANKLY but absolutely f***ing THICK.

There are way more important stuff than dribbling on about Reid's left foot on the phone-in.

Harty :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
London Irish said:
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Nice soundbite SHANKLY but absolutely f***ing THICK.

There are way more important stuff than dribbling on about Reid's left foot on the phone-in.

Harty :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm not denying which is a more important subject but once again you are kind of missing the point.

There are plenty of shows both local and national discussing racial issues.

There are very few shows discussing the Albion!

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
I tuned in thinking that I would hear how the game went and some views on the performance by those that were there.

I know this racial issue is important but it did take over the phone in.

Not even a mention of the Albion in Hartys column in the local Worthing paper this week.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Yes but they were waiting for people to call!You can phone up and talk about the game.If people are not going to call about that i suppose he has to throw other topics into the mix.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Biscuit said:
Very interesting debate, but more airtime should have gone to the footie.. I turned the radio off and just had a chat about the game with the people in the car.

I'm not saying its not interesting or worth listening too, just that I was in 'football mode' and wanted to discuss the Albions performance.

Says it all really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought it was an Albion related phone in, guess it's not anymore which I think is a shame.

BRIGHT ON Q said:
Yes but they were waiting for people to call!You can phone up and talk about the game.If people are not going to call about that i suppose he has to throw other topics into the mix.

Yep, spot on.

The racism discussion didn't stop any Albion chat today, it just ensured there wasn't dead air.

I am personally a bit disappointed that there appears to be a little bit of complacency about a serious issue on here, but there you go.

I think the lack of Albion related calls was due to the fact that it was a genuinely bewildering performance today from the Albion, I was a bit unhappy about it but I still haven't a clue whether I'm right or not, and whether I should be celebrating a battling point gained *genuinely confused*

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thank you LI for your support, had we received the majority of Albion related calls the 'sub-topic' would have been put to one side, although as someone who is involved in youth football I think it was a very serious issue, but for example we could have used it next week at Burnley, home of the BNP.
Basically if Albion fans want to hear a debate based on the Albion performance, then they have to phone.
To be honest looking at some of the posts on here tonight, I don't know why the people in the studio at SCR who work f**king hard week in week out to produce a show with full live commentary and a platform for Albion fans to have their say via the phone and text lines bother to turn up for work each week.
If you want to return to limited Albion coverage, with possibly no live commentary, just say, because what currently goes out of the budget at SCR on football could certainly be used elsewhere.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Harty said:
Thank you LI for your support, had we received the majority of Albion related calls the 'sub-topic' would have been put to one side, although as someone who is involved in youth football I think it was a very serious issue, but for example we could have used it next week at Burnley, home of the BNP.
Basically if Albion fans want to hear a debate based on the Albion performance, then they have to phone.
To be honest looking at some of the posts on here tonight, I don't know why the people in the studio at SCR who work f**king hard week in week out to produce a show with full live commentary and a platform for Albion fans to have their say via the phone and text lines bother to turn up for work each week.
If you want to return to limited Albion coverage, with possibly no live commentary, just say, because what currently goes out of the budget at SCR on football could certainly be used elsewhere.

Harty, are there any Albion callers who ring up who dont get on??

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I don't produce it but I still have major input, if I get Albion based callers they take priority over everybody else, that's the key, Albion fans don't let apathy win.
30,000 listen, over 150 people text show each week, the third highest in the BBC regions including Prmeirship teams, but its a phone-in and we stand or fall by our callers.
Its up to you, but if you don't want a show then let me know because frankly I've got other things I could be getting on with.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Harty said:
I don't produce it but I still have major input, if I get Albion based callers they take priority over everybody else, that's the key, Albion fans don't let apathy win.
30,000 listen, over 150 people text show each week, the third highest in the BBC regions including Prmeirship teams, but its a phone-in and we stand or fall by our callers.
Its up to you, but if you don't want a show then let me know because frankly I've got other things I could be getting on with.

do you, and the staff get paid for it, or do you and them do it out of love?:cool:

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Joshua's Dad here, he phoned up as he has wanted to after each match, I had to explain to him what racism is, when Harty was talking about it, but when he understood he was horrified. Harty will set the tone, but up to the indivudual what he wants to say.

If you dont like the phone in, then dont listen or as my son had the guts to do, phone up about the club he loves to give his views..........................

rogue

Banned
Aug 26, 2005
In a police cell
L1 doesn't like facists.We won't be sharing a pint then:lolol::drink:

Last edited:

Richard Whiteley

Sep 24, 2003
dwayne said:
it's nothing short of abysmal at the moment, and I dunno if it is cos of lack of decent people ringing in....

also

Lets discuss the "easy, easy" chants!!! - what would be a good replacement?

pure dirge.

As for this race issue. I think racist abuse is down overall, especially in this country in recent years and I know race hate crimes are down. You will always get racial abuse from white and black people it happens...it's a dull topic to discuss on an albion phone in. I wanna know what went wrong today.

I'd say racist abuse in the UK has been on the uprise over the last ten years. Police records/reports back that up. People are f***ing intolerant these days.

On the other hand the phone in is shite and I agree that Hart likes the sound of his own voice over anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here