Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

More phone in RUBBISH

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
of course we abhor racism - there is no place for it anywhere, let alone kids football in Sussex but we have to realise that bringing attention to it on a phone in without the facts isn't going to generate constructive debate. Is anyone going to phone up with a counter arguement? the facts weren't established "my son heard it and told me afterwards". What happened? did the manager of the abused player discuss it with the other team's manager? will he refuse to play that team again? has he reported it to the Sussex FA? or has he just mentioned it to Harty?

funny how some of the most angry callers referred to "coloured" players and "Asian and English".

Suppose it's better than Harty's last controversial subject "what technical rule did the referee get wrong in the first half vs Sheff U?"

Thumbs up for the young lad who phoned.

Keep it up Harty, at least it's generating discussion and we know you love the Albion.

Last edited:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
its disgraceful two 12 year old kids can say the N word to a coloured kid, they should be banned for 10 matches and heavily fined. I think Harty has in his right to talk about a matter as big as that, what is this world coming too?

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think it was a topical subject and as I manage a Youth football team that is why I rang in.

Not so sure the discussions should be in the open without any official disciplinary.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Beach Hut said:
I think it was a topical subject and as I manage a Youth football team that is why I rang in.

Not so sure the discussions should be in the open without any official disciplinary.

I thought Harty shouldn't of gone into the investigation into much detail, i think he should of stopped after you came on.

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
I thought Harty shouldn't of gone into the investigation into much detail, i think he should of stopped after you came on.

Slightly worried it was just heresay at present.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Beach Hut said:
Slightly worried it was just heresay at present.

And you know what to do with Heretics..........Burn them at the stake lol

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
what I was trying to say!

Is Mrs Hut still in charge of the "Advertiser"? are you helping the kids? or do they leave it to you and just pick up the cash?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
yeah, hopefully the discision of the investigation will be done by the end of this week, i think it was just disgraceful for them to say it hopefully there parents gave them a HUGE bollocking.

No chance if Sussex FA involved.

If it was one of my players automatic 4 week ban of which two included training, made to write a letter of apology to the boy and parents, letter of apology to his own team for letting them down and final warning as there isn't a next time when this happens.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
timbha said:
Is Mrs Hut still in charge of the "Advertiser"? are you helping the kids? or do they leave it to you and just pick up the cash?

Yes Mrs Hut is in charge and yes to the second bit :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Beach Hut said:
No chance if Sussex FA involved.

If it was one of my players automatic 4 week ban of which two included training, made to write a letter of apology to the boy and parents, letter of apology to his own team for letting them down and final warning as there isn't a next time when this happens.

Quite right too, would you fine the parents?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
Quite right too, would you fine the parents?

I would have no juristriction to fine a player or parent.

In this day and age it means nothing - see Spanish National Manager and what he said about Thierry Henry.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
oh yes, have you got a important game tommorow?

Whitehawk Youth at home, might be reasonably close but they are strong.

Actually last season at home against them we got our one and only yellow card which I thought was harsh.

Defender chased a forward back but clipped his heals and got a yellow - asked for it to be withdrawn but referee wouldn't.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Beach Hut said:
Whitehawk Youth at home, might be reasonably close but they are strong.

Actually last season at home against them we got our one and only yellow card which I thought was harsh.

Defender chased a forward back but clipped his heals and got a yellow - asked for it to be withdrawn but referee wouldn't.

You better bring two kit bags against Whitehawk.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
You better bring two kit bags against Whitehawk.

Why, never had a problem against them - nice bunch of lads with a great manager.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Think you are implying Whitehawk would steal our kit by saying take two ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here