Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Moral Dilemma

What should I do

• Absolutely nothing, be glad he is leaving.

Votes: 22 81.5%
  • Cultivate friendship, inform Aussies

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Inform Aussies straight away

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Hope that somone who posts here has links in Oz and tips them off for me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I find myself faced with a moral dilemma following a visit to the barbers this morning, my question NSCers is what should I do if anything.

Whilst having my hair cut, I made idle chit chat with the barber, as you do. The conversation came round to the state of Britain today and the future of our nation. The barber told me that he had had enough and was selling up and moving to Australia in a couple of years time, in fact he is off to spend a month there in the very near future to start looking for a new home.

The conversation then moved on to the expansion of the EU and the new member states, the man cutting my locks stated that he mistrusted the EU, didn't think we would benefit from the scroungers moving in from the east. He then set off on a bit of a tirade about people coming to Britain from any country, they are all in it for what they can get, contribute nothing to our way of life, in fact the usual right wing garbage that some political organisations peddle.

I tried politely to convey my opinion that immigration is not harmful, we have nothing to fear from people of all ethnic origins who want to come and work in Britain, the majority of whom become law abiding citizens and make valuable contributions to the society we live in. Sadly the barber would have none of this, he warned that we faced civil unrest in the next five years if certain racial groups in the town where I live started to aire their views more publicly and the BNP became involved, in fact many of his customers shared his views.

Now I can accept that there are many viewpoints other than my own and I am prepared to listen to people voicing them before making up my mind, however this man has really made my blood boil. I am faced with a dilemma, should I do absolutely nothing and just accept that these were the rantings of a sad old man who will leave our shores forever in a couple of years. Alternatively I could decide that there is no place for people with such views in society and take another course of action. I have met many Australians over the years and despite having never been to their country I understand that it is as culturally diverse as our own with large numbers of Asians, Greeks, Polynesians etc.

Surely the Australians would rather this man and his family didn't come to live in their country as clearly he can offer little to their way of life other than to continue to spout his bigoted rubbish to all who will listen. Would Australian Immigration stop him from moving there if they knew of him in advance, should I cultivate a friendship on a future visit to try and find out a little more about his future plans before tipping off the Aussies.

To be honest I would rather not go back to his shop as it stank of pee but I am prepared too if it means scuppering the plans of a racist.

Ladies and Gentleman, what should I do.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Mate, he'll be in his element in Australia. It's one of the most racist countries* in the world.

* And I'm talking about its people AND its government.

Last edited:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Go back once more. Get hair cut. Punch him in face. Leave, admiring dashing new barnet in the reflection of the window. Feel smug that after years of defeat at the hands of aussies' not only did we do them in the world cup but the scum of our society are still moving there to set up home.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Gully said:
I find myself faced with a moral dilemma following a visit to the barbers this morning, my question NSCers is what should I do if anything.

Whilst having my hair cut, I made idle chit chat with the barber, as you do. The conversation came round to the state of Britain today and the future of our nation. The barber told me that he had had enough and was selling up and moving to Australia in a couple of years time, in fact he is off to spend a month there in the very near future to start looking for a new home.

The conversation then moved on to the expansion of the EU and the new member states, the man cutting my locks stated that he mistrusted the EU, didn't think we would benefit from the scroungers moving in from the east. He then set off on a bit of a tirade about people coming to Britain from any country, they are all in it for what they can get, contribute nothing to our way of life, in fact the usual right wing garbage that some political organisations peddle.

I tried politely to convey my opinion that immigration is not harmful, we have nothing to fear from people of all ethnic origins who want to come and work in Britain, the majority of whom become law abiding citizens and make valuable contributions to the society we live in. Sadly the barber would have none of this, he warned that we faced civil unrest in the next five years if certain racial groups in the town where I live started to aire their views more publicly and the BNP became involved, in fact many of his customers shared his views.

Now I can accept that there are many viewpoints other than my own and I am prepared to listen to people voicing them before making up my mind, however this man has really made my blood boil. I am faced with a dilemma, should I do absolutely nothing and just accept that these were the rantings of a sad old man who will leave our shores forever in a couple of years. Alternatively I could decide that there is no place for people with such views in society and take another course of action. I have met many Australians over the years and despite having never been to their country I understand that it is as culturally diverse as our own with large numbers of Asians, Greeks, Polynesians etc.

Surely the Australians would rather this man and his family didn't come to live in their country as clearly he can offer little to their way of life other than to continue to spout his bigoted rubbish to all who will listen. Would Australian Immigration stop him from moving there if they knew of him in advance, should I cultivate a friendship on a future visit to try and find out a little more about his future plans before tipping off the Aussies.

To be honest I would rather not go back to his shop as it stank of pee but I am prepared too if it means scuppering the plans of a racist.

Ladies and Gentleman, what should I do.
Your barber is spot on as we are getting the worse kind of people flocking here.
How can you sit there saying he talks garbage when your in the minority as the influx is a shambles end of it.I have met old blokes of late who say the same as does 99% around me.Most don't contribute full stop and just want easy pickings and boy we offer it.
I think why do i bother argueing with weirdo's on here who think that let em all in is the moto mmmmm,well there is a limit and this is an island for christ sake.:angry: :angry:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Nice to see ridiculous over-generalising on both sides here. So some actual facts.

1. Australia has a higher rate of immigration than the UK in the last study done I'm aware of. Tell your barber that.

2. Australian people and government are one of the most racist in the world? Outdated logic by 35 years. While racism view is going to hold amoung rednecks, police and (dare I say it) Queenslanders it's certianly not true of the whle country. I lived in Oz for a year and worked with Aussies for two years, the vast majority of them were either Asian or European immigrants or despised Pauline Hanson to the point where a party was held when she was banged up.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
strike95 said:
Same here. I will flee to Canada if this EU rubbish happens.

excellent! can you take berkshire* with you?

*not the county obviously...hang on, why not

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Not outdated logic at all. I base my comments on the comments and language used by many of the indigenous Australians in Sydney that I know, bigoted reports in the mainstream Aussie media, and government actions like blocking entry to 400-odd rescued refugees a couple of years ago.

sullyupthewing

Jul 5, 2003
brighton and worthing
Guinness Boy said:
Nice to see ridiculous over-generalising on both sides here. So some actual facts.

1. Australia has a higher rate of immigration than the UK in the last study done I'm aware of. Tell your barber that.

2. Australian people and government are one of the most racist in the world? Outdated logic by 35 years. While racism view is going to hold amoung rednecks, police and (dare I say it) Queenslanders it's certianly not true of the whle country. I lived in Oz for a year and worked with Aussies for two years, the vast majority of them were either Asian or European immigrants or despised Pauline Hanson to the point where a party was held when she was banged up.
Lets make ir simple then, 2 pints in a 1 pint pot will not go

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
i have a mate that is a barber and has his own shop. he sounds exactly like your mate. let him just get on with it. people who do not believe his ramblings will just listen to him. whilst people like minded fill his head full of this junk. trust me most barbers are confused like this. as they talk to so many people and believe they are always right.
and the point about them contributing to society, well can i just say that MOST eastern block countries are very hard working. i have spent time in poland, czech rep and slovienia. they love our style of life thats why they wanna be here. and yes to better themselves and get payed more. why shouldn't they.
the scrougers that we hear of are what the papers etc promote because they know people will jump on the racial hatred bandwagon. to sell papers.
make you own mind up, dont believe the hype.
personally i think they add to our society but there is a few that will scrounge and take what they can.
also why does he think he is right in going to their country as an immigrant.???

Last edited:

If he emigrates, will he not be another 'immigrant' ? If so, how would he regard himself if he were a native of Aus? And will their right wing munsters not regard him as he would regard they who wish to come to our country?
:wave:
Muppet !

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Obviously you lot like smelly greasy refuges everywhere?
Get rid of em all and all that b-o they bring as this is my country and i'll protect it regardless of our pathetic simbolic goverment.

berks to the rescue to throw them all out and all of you greasy lovers to.:angry: :angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Okay, I'm leaving the country soon too but not because I'm pissed off with it, it's circumstantial and the place I'm going to I do not consider to be in anyway better than here.

However, wankers like your barber who whine about this country can piss off and go for good as we don't need them. If Australia is so bloody great then how come so many of them are over here ? They are the world champions are complaining (even though they have the nerve to call us whinging Poms) so your barber should be well at home.

BTW Strike, unless you have close relatives or a job to go to in Canda they won't have you.

Last edited:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Wozza said:
Not outdated logic at all. I base my comments on the comments and language used by many of the indigenous Australians in Sydney that I know, bigoted reports in the mainstream Aussie media, and government actions like blocking entry to 400-odd rescued refugees a couple of years ago.

There is a big difference between being racist and protecting your country from illegal immigrants.

That is not racist.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
perth seagull said:
There is a big difference between being racist and protecting your country from illegal immigrants.

That is not racist.

Not if you're one of the PC facist brigade.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Seems pretty certain then, based on opinion here I should do precisesly nothing, it would be pointless arguing with that man as he is obviously incapable of looking at the broader picture and frankly the UK will be a better place without him. I think what really got my goat was that he appeared to be opposed to any form or immigration be it blacks, whites or any other group.

There are a number of facts that I would ask all those totally opposed to immigration consider. Firstly the UK has a declining birth rate and a rapidly ageing population, putting it in very simple terms there are not enough new native Britains being born to replace those who die. In a few generations we will be an endangered species, in a few more we will be a minority ethnic group and may eventually disappear completely.

Even though I am in my late 30's I don't expect to get an old age pension, there will simply be no way that the country could pay out as it does now without prohibitively taxing the work force. So given the fact that the population is ageing we will clearly need to have people doing the jobs that make the country run, doctors, nurses, teachers etc, I wonder where they will be coming from if not from the diminishing number of children born here. The mathematics are quite simple, if we are to maintain the way the country functions at present there will need to be sustained immigration, otherwise we will end up as a country of old people with nobody to feed us or wipe our arses.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Yes, certain people on here are going to have a few problems when they realise that the vast majority of the people thay're complaining about are neither black or Asian.

Seriously though Gully you have made some very valid points, especially about the pension situation.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I suppose you can also put it into simple terms and look at the Albion, how many players we have had who are either immigrants or are descended from them. Just look at our present squad, how about Leon Knight for starters, Paul Reid, Michel Kuipers and Adam El-Abd. Let us delve a little further into the past, we should include every black player and those born outside the UK, Gerry Ryan for instance, he may have been whiter than white but coming from Eire is still a migrant and the type that seems to enrage most anti immigration types, an economic one.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Hey, you forgot the world's most tanned Scotsman. His dad is Nigerian, nothing wrong with that.

We have to accept that there will be scoungers coming over to swell the ranks of our own idigenous ones. There will however be far more people coming over to make a contribution to both 'our' culture and our ecconomy.

Be proud that we still live in a free and open society I say.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here