Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Moon Landing, are YOU are conspiracy theorist?

Did the moon landing happen?

• Total voters

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I work with a girl who enjoys telling people she doesn’t believe that we landed on the moon just because how wound up people get when she says it.

The boomers always get wound up the most.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Number one, do people really think the Russians would have let them get away with it? They would have had so much surveillance on everything, especially the direction of the signal. Unfortunately, at a time when evidence is literally at our fingertips, we are being shown incapable of using the resources available.
I have never questioned what I saw on that grainy tv in the livingroom in Newhaven as a kid. What I have done is look at ways of showing these idiots the level of their idiocy.
There are many number ones.

Another:

1. Why fake it? How much money has it earned them? How much love has it won them? How much would it feel like shagging your sister if all that wonder wasn't real?

I hope the age of 'we can so we must' returns. To boldly go where no man (or woman) has gone before.

That's what makes us human.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I work with a girl who enjoys telling people she doesn’t believe that we landed on the moon just because how wound up people get when she says it.

The boomers always get wound up the most.
I'm a boomer.

I couldn't give a tuppeny damn what a hairdresser thinks :shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

There are many number ones.

Another:

1. Why fake it? How much money has it earned them? How much love has it won them? How much would it feel like shagging your sister if all that wonder wasn't real?

I hope the age of 'we can so we must' returns. To boldly go where no man (or woman) has gone before.

That's what makes us human.
We are in an age of exploration. It’s simply that it is being done as ego trips by the likes of Elon Musk and not for the good of mankind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The theory in the film Interstellar was that the Americans faked it in order to make the Russians spend huge amounts of time, money and resources on an ultimately pointless endeavour.
But they didn't, though.

I suspect the Russians thought the space race was a bit wanky. After Yuri Gagarin.

I remember his name, but I can't remember Neil Armstrong's.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Yes the Americans went to the moon , but were warned to stay away it wasn`t "Ours" . The most frightening thing i have ever seen is the 3 astronauts at their first official press interview after quarantine , they aren`t happy or even relieved to back , they are morose and timid because they were terrified at what they had seen . We still havn`t returned ....as far as we know .

Some believe there is a secret space force (Gary McKinnon) a hacker who found files pertaining to ships and crews , latter David Grusch .

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The most frightening thing i have ever seen is the 3 astronauts at their first official press interview after quarantine , they aren`t happy or even relieved to back , they are morose and timid because they were terrified at what they had seen . We still havn`t returned ....as far as we know .
To be fair, I felt the same after my first visit to the Festival Leisure Park in Basildon on a Saturday night.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yes the Americans went to the moon , but were warned to stay away it wasn`t "Ours" . The most frightening thing i have ever seen is the 3 astronauts at their first official press interview after quarantine , they aren`t happy or even relieved to back , they are morose and timid because they were terrified at what they had seen . We still havn`t returned ....as far as we know .

Some believe there is a secret space force (Gary McKinnon) a hacker who found files pertaining to ships and crews , latter David Grusch .
What advantage would a moon base give? Cold War I guess? One big game of oneupmanship.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
First step to Mars , a logistical foothold and one big B&Q not to mention the Helium 3 .
The moon wouldn’t offer much advantage on a trip to Mars. It’s too close to Earth and too far from Mars to be of much use.

Perhaps an Upper Crust and a toilet?

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I'm not pretending I don't know, we do know. We landed on the moon several times.
6 to be exact , after apollo 11 and the subsequent warning , it was apparently agreed that a sudden halt to the Apollo programme was not the right move . It was agreed that as the other Apollo`s had been mostly built and paid for that a "scoop and run" end to the programme was best for all.

TugWilson

Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
The moon wouldn’t offer much advantage on a trip to Mars. It’s too close to Earth and too far from Mars to be of much use.

Perhaps an Upper Crust and a toilet?
No atmosphere to escape , base for fuel , and it get`s closer :shrug:

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
It did happen, and it could have happened years earlier than it did. Except that Kennedy put a little bit of a tricky stipulation in his quote “should commit itself to achieving the goal, before this decade is out, of landing a man on the Moon and returning him safely to the Earth”. The big issue wasnt getting the man on the moon, it was getting him of it and back home.

in the last 6 years through a number of acquisitions my employer has gone from being the ‘janitor’ (we did/do facilities management) to one of the largest contractors working for NASA, Space X etc. We man the Houston space Centre (60-70% of people in the room work for us), we run the space station land based full scale model, the centrifuges etc, we have the dieticians, the psychologists, the scientists and engineers.

I get on well with a commercial director in Houston who used to run the spacesuit programme.

when I visited the space Center about 8 years ago, I chatted to one of the tour guides who was a retired nasa employee. He said Neil Armstrong wasn’t the best pilot, the best scientist, the brightest individual but he was probably the calmest man you could ever meet in crisis, so when things go wrong it wouldn’t phase him at all.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia

oh ffs

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
What advantage would a moon base give? Cold War I guess? One big game of oneupmanship.
Read The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" by Robert Heinlein. You can use gravity to chuck large rocks at Earth and (with the help of a sentient computer) land them anywhere you choose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here