Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MOM award

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Nice to be arguing over who was the best because they were all so good rather than who deserved it despite the way we played

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Lush said:
Chippy was solid and put in some great tackles. God we need a decent corner taker though.

I'd have given MoM to Reid.

I noticed at Rotherham Stokes took a lot of our corners. But he really didn't take many if any tonight. What about Reid or Frutos aswell to take corners?

seagull4life said:
I noticed at Rotherham Stokes took a lot of our corners. But he really didn't take many if any tonight.

He certainly took the first, one which was hit low and was easily cleared by the first defender.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
sir danny cullip said:
Lynch should have got the MOTM award, was absolute class tonight. No one else came close to him :bowdown:

Ha, I wasn't at the game but this statement must be nonsense: there are seven players alone mentioned in this thread as MotM so there must have been at least six players who came close to him.

I think it's heartening that we're arguing such things, there were games towards the end of last season when we couldn't have named one player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
John Byrne seemed to think Chippy was playing a very composed midfield holding role last night. MOM or not his experience with young legs around him will be crucial this season.

He always takes a few games to run into great form and we are only two games into the season, let's hope he stays injury free and continues to improve.

Last edited:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
brightonfan_86 said:
I thought Lynch was going to be MOM, but chippy got it I was shocked. Are the sponsors pissed and watch a different game then us?

Be fair.....the sponcers are very much amatures, unlike the total professionals on here :lolol: :p :lolol:

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Lynch for me, aside from occasionally looking like he could get robbed, with his slightly languid style yet strength in the air he is the new Rio (but not as much of a tw@t)

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sponsors had a connection with Chippy.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Richie Morris said:
Lynch, Reid of Henderson.
Have they started copying Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink's name now?

Reid for me, btw. Best game yet in the stripes, excellent performance. I thought Carpenter wasn't a bad shout though - definitely looked much improved from last year.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I think Jake should have - he was class today

No he wasn't. Pretty anonymous in the first half and hardly touched the ball in the first 30 mins. Much better in the second half and a well taken goal, but hardly a MOM performance.

Ahead of him would be Lynch, Henderson, ElAbd, Revell.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I would have gone for Lynch as MOM but Carpenter did have a very composed game in the middle (hopefully he has put his knee troubles behind him at long last), and Reid had a great game at right back too.

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i would've gone with Henderson , didn't have to do too much last night but the saves he needed he delt with well - especially in the air which i was critical of him doing against Rotherham

the defensive clearences i personally thought were crap - we tried passing it around instead of HOOFING it upfield !

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Lynch was my clear MOTM, he didn't put a foot wrong. Composed on the ball, won every header, used the ball well, and he was literally BOSSING the back line, barking orders to El Abd and Kerry. McGhee has played a blinder with this kiddy, giving him his 1st team wings at LB last year and now putting him into the more crucial (and his more accustomed) CB role, he is absolutely flourishing thanks to that.

I thought Revell had an outstanding 1st half as well, and was involved in some terrific link-up play with Hart and Reid down the right. He faded a bit in the second half, but as his fitness improves I'm confident we'll see more from him, he looks very promising.

I've been very downbeat about this coming season, and the squad IS still paper-thin. But so far, I've been pleasantly surprised. OK, we've not really played anyone yet, but there's loads of positives, the biggest of them being the form of Lynch. He could be an absolute star.

Sid James

Nov 14, 2005
Lynch by a mile. So composed.

Trying not to go overboard but I thought he looked VERY promising.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here